HELP!!! Rigid Tail Light Machined Brackets...

Cheddar

So I posted on facebook without to much direction or help. It did however lead me here, but I haven't had much luck yet. I have a goblin that was built by someone that is sporting the RIGID tail lights with some pretty nice custom brackets to work for our goblins. I love the way they look and want them installed on my new build - knew it from the beginning. So I already have the rigid lights, but unfortunately I haven't had any luck on the brackets. Can anyone help me?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Someone had a small run of RIGID brackets cut, but I'm pretty sure they are all gone now. You could design some new ones, and send it to a company like this one.

SendCutSend - 15% discount code from SuperfastMatt youtube channel: SPRFST15

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Those look like the stock brackets from DF that come with the frame. Maybe I'm looking at them wrong?

EDIT: I'll take that back, your asking about the open framed bracket attached to the DF bracket. Sorry, my bad. :(

Last edited:

Brett

Its the silver bracket that adapts the light to the DF mount. I remember a small batch of those being run but don't remember by whom.

I found this in Lechlis's build log:

I guess it was him that did a run.

Cheddar

I may just be stuck going to a local machinist which I really don’t wanna do. Ugh. Nothing is more depressing then spending $500 on taillights thinking a bracket is available. My fault I guess.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ross, you forgot to mention the most important first step, using a piece of CADboard to lay out the piece and make sure it fits before breaking out the tools. ;)

Cheddar, fabbing this small bracket up, if you have simple tools as Ross stated, would be few hours of time and probably save you a bunch of $$$. No need to make it open framed as the bracket in the photo. Would be a good chance to put some speedholes in the fabbed plate for ventilation and lighten it up. :D

RITDR

I may just be stuck going to a local machinist which I really don’t wanna do. Ugh. Nothing is more depressing then spending $500 on taillights thinking a bracket is available. My fault I guess.
It looks like it’s just a flat piece of steel, right? If that’s the case, it will be a lot cheaper for you if you can draw something up or get a file with the outline, then send that to a fab shop with a laser, plasma, or water-jet cutter that can cut that thickness of plate steel. Shops like that will be quicker and cheaper than finding someone to mill the part out of flat stock.

Cheddar

Thanks Everyone For The Insight. I have a local company actually taking care of it. As much as I'd just like to fab something up, there is no way I'm putting $500 taillights on some hacked up brackets. Didn't make it this far into a build that I wanted as clean and perfect as possible to throw some junk on in the end. If anyone is interested in getting a set of these brackets please let me know and I'll keep you in the loop. They will be fabricated from 6061, finished, and powder coated per order. Waiting on prices.

Cheddar

Seems like a prime application for 3d printing, no?
Don’t think the plastics would hold up. The taillights are anything but light. I mean I think it be ok at first but the vibration would probably kill the 3D printed mounts imo. I mean I even have a pretty sweet 3D printer, but was like, nah. Not risking it.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
For what it's worth there's more than a few folks, myself included, running 5¾" buckets on 3d printed brackets on the front of the car, getting the full brunt of incoming air at highway speeds. The JW Speaker lights are 0.51lbs each.

In any case, I'm interested to hear how you and your machinist come up with the design if you want to share.

chief404

I wanted to 3d print a bracket, but it was easier for me to weld a piece of 2x2 block aluminum with drilled holes to some flat bar stock. That bracket looks really nice, but I wanted the bracket to sit behind the led so you could not see it. I didn't realize that others would want these - I may be willing to make some more. I don't know how you can justify $500 on some LED tails lights when the company making them has them made in china for $15.

Last edited: