Hagerty Insurance

jcdman

So far I've been declined coverage from geico, progressive, hagerty, farmers, and have worked with 3 separate local insurance agents. For those who have been successful, you have insured it as a Goblin kit and not a cobalt correct?

Lightepic

Condon Skelly was going to insure mine as a Goblin. I had some trouble with my VIN so I don't have insurance yet, but they didn't have a problem with it being a kit car.

Dsteinhorst

So far I've been declined coverage from geico, progressive, hagerty, farmers, and have worked with 3 separate local insurance agents. For those who have been successful, you have insured it as a Goblin kit and not a cobalt correct?
Correct, mine is a "1957 DF Kit Goblin 57"

Did you try Progressive's commercial insurance?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Mine is insured as a "homemade" motorcycle, but that is what the insurance agent or company decided to slot it into, not based upon what I told them. Safeco, liability only, $100 a year, no usage limits.

Last edited:

jcdman

Correct, mine is a "1957 DF Kit Goblin 57"

Did you try Progressive's commercial insurance?
1957? Did you insure it as a replica kit? I was just declined coverage for condon skelly, haven't tried progressive commercial. The guy who called back from condon skelly was very short with me, saying they just had a discussion about goblins last week and they do not insure them.

Chris_WNC

I’m getting quotes from my local Farm Bureau guy. He’s going to check Hagerty for a comparison. I’ll see how it goes.

CHRIS

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Yes Goblin sent pictures

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Same lady who got me fixed up in April 2021 ... she must have moved on to a different employer, though.

WarmPepsi

I went thru my local agent with state farm, and had temp insurance immediately. Got an email from SF telling me "I WAS COVERED" but underwriting had some follow up questions on it ("Please advise what type of vehicle this is, and include the MSRP, engine displacement or HP's. "), replied immediately but still haven't seen the follow up additional info in my State Farm account.

Been with them for 9 years with home, auto, trailer etc.

Just FYI.

Scott #321

I went thru my local agent with state farm, and had temp insurance immediately. Got an email from SF telling me "I WAS COVERED" but underwriting had some follow up questions on it ("Please advise what type of vehicle this is, and include the MSRP, engine displacement or HP's. "), replied immediately but still haven't seen the follow up additional info in my State Farm account.

Been with them for 9 years with home, auto, trailer etc.

Just FYI.
I would have definitely replied with displacement especially if a sc/tc build.

WarmPepsi

Does this include comprehensive insurance? If so that is a great deal.
mine was right at $250 a half including comp and collision. ($18k value; $104 collision/$500 deduct,$45 comp/$250 deduct)

Again, I have home, 2 trailers and another auto insured with them as well.