FX1 seats hitting harness mount

Keckster

I ordered the fx1 seat and had to get the short guy mounts from DF. Now that I've got the mounts on the seats and try to get them in the car the bottom of the seat is hitting the bottom belt mount and I cannot find a way to make it work without possibly getting longer bolts for the seat and adding spacers to the back. Any ideas?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I ordered the fx1 seat and had to get the short guy mounts from DF. Now that I've got the mounts on the seats and try to get them in the car the bottom of the seat is hitting the bottom belt mount and I cannot find a way to make it work without possibly getting longer bolts for the seat and adding spacers to the back. Any ideas?
I have the exact same setup and mounted my seat without issue. Have you tried loosely installing the brackets and then bolting the seat to the brackets?

I'm guessing you are bottoming out on the harness mount while trying to get the front tabs through the slots in the floor. I have not tried mounting the seats with the brackets pre-installed so this is just a guess. If you loosely install the brackets first, bolt in the seat, then tighten the bracket bolts it should work fine.

Keckster

I have the exact same setup and mounted my seat without issue. Have you tried loosely installing the brackets and then bolting the seat to the brackets?

I'm guessing you are bottoming out on the harness mount while trying to get the front tabs through the slots in the floor. I have not tried mounting the seats with the brackets pre-installed so this is just a guess. If you loosely install the brackets first, bolt in the seat, then tighten the bracket bolts it should work fine.
Just tried to install the brackets then the seat but no dice. It seems to need more than half an inch raised to fit without touching the sub belt mount.
I would take a picture but I can't find a good angle to get one showing the interference