ZZPERFORMANCE PCM Purchase Options

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So when I bought my donor from a used car dealer the story he told me was that the guy that traded it in took the performance computer out of it. and I assume put the stock one back in? He being a used car salesman, no telling what the truth is?

So without knowing I plan on sending the PCM to ZZP to be tuned.

What I can tell is it has a 3.0 Pully.

Took the injectors out today and based on the part# I have 60-lb injectors.

The questions I have are on the options I have to select?

What option should I select and why regarding Boost Level?

The DF Intake Pipe is similar size so should I select ZZP 3” Option?

And lastly what option for Fuel Type?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So I think i’v figured out most of the questions I had except for the boost one. Their notes say:

‘1st Gear Boost: We can lower the boost in 1st gear to help with 1st gear traction issues. Applies to supercharged cars.”

With as light as the Goblin is it seems that traction could be an issue, did you guys choose this option?

Dsteinhorst

I don't have any 1st gear limit and I haven't had any issues. It's not too hard to handle during autocross. An SC doesn't have the peaky boost like a TC does.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
I purchased the 1.0 PCM and LS4 throttle body an opted for full boost in 1st gear. I'll be completing a rebuild on the supercharger, 2.9 pully plus fueling, and will ask ZZP to reduce 1st gear boost. It was very touchy in the donor car and may be a handful in the Goblin.
Curious are you rebuilding the supercharger yourself? I was looking into this and there are a few companies that rebuild but its a bit costly due to precision tools required for bearings.