NW AutoX and other track things

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Was it an SCCA event?
Nope. I'm pretty sure Evergreen AutoX is just the speedway setting up a cone course on the oval and figure 8 rather than actual club or anything like that. Hell, there's only 3 classes: FWD, RWD, and AWD. But on days where I don't get sent home early, it's 12 guaranteed runs and no course work

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
I only got two runs in because apparently exo cars require arm restraints (no one told me until today and this was my third time out there) and I had left mine at home (because who requires arm restraints for autox?!)

This ought to keep me running if I forget them again in the future though:
I think even with the window net they'll still require the wrist restraints. In case you rolled and your arms and hands go straight up outside the halo.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
The BSCC autox had a nice turn out with perfect weather! I was able to shake down the RX7 in AM session. All I gotta say is that car is definitely a road course car and not for autocross. I was pretty much wore out after 4 runs in it, but it was blast! Need a bigger diameter steering wheel for autox. Work on the notchiness of the transmission. Getting between 2,3 back to 2 was eventful. Lol
Oh yeah, and tires that are less than 10yrs old!
20220919_104613.jpg

The Goblin handled a lot better this time out since making some adjustments, except for bleeding the rear tires down to low and didn't have my air pump.
Had a couple of really good runs going and just couldn't hold on to it through the high speed slalom. Had to abort on one run to prevent damaging the wing and radiator. Will have to check the camera for that big slide!
20220919_105103.jpg

20220919_105232.jpg

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I think even with the window net they'll still require the wrist restraints. In case you rolled and your arms and hands go straight up outside the halo.
They made it sound like an either/or situation, so I should be covered in any case. The arm restraints are living in my tool bag now too

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I got arm restraints for a track day a month ago and don’t mind them at all. The only thing is to remember to turn on my upper camera before I lock in. :rolleyes::D

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I got arm restraints for a track day a month ago and don’t mind them at all. The only thing is to remember to turn on my upper camera before I lock in. :rolleyes::D
I don't mind them at all, I just left them at home because who requires them for autox? I happened to have a welder and a window net kit too though so I decided to just stick it on the car. My camera comes on with the ignition lol

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I don't mind them at all, I just left them at home because who requires them for autox? I happened to have a welder and a window net kit too though so I decided to just stick it on the car. My camera comes on with the ignition lol
It wasn’t completely directed at you, just in general to let others know that they are not that big of a deal.

where did you get the window kit? I have been looking into those too.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
It wasn’t completely directed at you, just in general to let others know that they are not that big of a deal.

where did you get the window kit? I have been looking into those too.