Help with the fuel system?

KingChuck24

You should have a second line that looks the same as the line in picture one. DF does not supply a fuel filter and you will need to purchase another. The two lines should come out of the fuel pump and then go into the fuel filter which combines both lines and turns it into one.

If need any pictures let me know.

Josh's09

You should have a second line that looks the same as the line in picture one. DF does not supply a fuel filter and you will need to purchase another. The two lines should come out of the fuel pump and then go into the fuel filter which combines both lines and turns it into one. View attachment 36891
So that's what I thought (because of the video) but if you look at my second picture, there is only one hose connect on my fuel filter

KingChuck24

So that's what I thought (because of the video) but if you look at my second picture, there is only one hose connect on my fuel filter
Ya your right, you probably need someone a little more knowledgeable. My best guess (which is probably wrong) is that your missing half of it and that is the bottom half of the fuel pump. Did you have the two struts that came up to the top of the pump? Again that is probably wrong.

Josh's09

Ya your right, you probably need someone a little more knowledgeable. My best guess (which is probably wrong) is that your missing half of it and that is the bottom half of the fuel pump. Did you have the two struts that came up to the top of the pump? Again that is probably wrong.
Hmmm.. I am not tracking on what you're saying. I'll have to go take another look, do you have pics of what you're taking about?

Goblinfanclub1234

I have a 2008 SS donor and my only fuel filter is the one inside the tank that attaches to the fuel pump, I ditched the OEM hose and replaced it with rubber fuel line, but I re-used the OEM fuel connectors - just transferred them over to the rubber fuel hose with hose clamps. Made it much easier to route the fuel line. add another inline fuel filter if you want its your life lol!

I ran the hose from the top of the fuel pump to the fitting on the intake manifold.

EDIT: I believe the stock hose will fit you just have to persuade it to reach both connectors
Turbo cars only have 1 hose and no inline filter

This is connected to the evap system which isnt being used. so you dont need that hose. I created a small blank off plate to cover over where the evap solenoid is. most people just leave the solenoid in there to plug the hole - unplug the blue/red electrical connector.

Last edited:

Goblinfanclub1234

You should have a second line that looks the same as the line in picture one. DF does not supply a fuel filter and you will need to purchase another. The two lines should come out of the fuel pump and then go into the fuel filter which combines both lines and turns it into one. View attachment 36891
GM used 2 fuel lines with an inline 2-into-1 fuel filter on the NA/supercharged cars, but on the SS turbo cars they have an in tank fuel filter and 1 single fuel line from the tank to the engine. look at the top of josh's fuel pump :) I think they made the switch from 2008 and up on turbo cars only

Last edited:

Josh's09

I have a 2008 SS donor and my only fuel filter is the one inside the tank that attaches to the fuel pump, I ditched the OEM hose and replaced it with rubber fuel line, but I re-used the OEM fuel connectors - just transferred them over to the rubber fuel hose with hose clamps. Made it much easier to route the fuel line. add another inline fuel filter if you want its your life lol!

I ran the hose from the top of the fuel pump to the fitting on the intake manifold.

EDIT: I believe the stock hose will fit you just have to persuade it to reach both connectors

View attachment 36892
This is connected to the evap system which isnt being used. so you dont need that hose. I created a small blank off plate to cover over where the evap solenoid is. most people just leave the solenoid in there to plug the hole - unplug the blue/red electrical connector.
View attachment 36893
I really appreciate your explanation! Thank you for that. However, I still do not know where this line (or the rubber hose) is supposed to connect too from the fuel filter. Any pictures you'd like to share?

KingChuck24

Not sure with your donor but on mine when it goes out of the fuel filter a line connects it to the nipple on picture 3.

Josh's09

View attachment 36892
View attachment 36893
This is really good info! And I truly appreciate it, but is there a video for this? I'd hate to keep asking questions for stuff that has already been documented

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
A lot of the stuff that doesn’t have a video is hooked up the same as it was in the donor just the lengths/locations are different. There is a “helpful photos” section on here somewhere.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A lot of the stuff that doesn’t have a video is hooked up the same as it was in the donor just the lengths/locations are different. There is a “helpful photos” section on here somewhere.