Custom STL Files for 3D Printed Goblin Parts

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
It was not designed around the parking brake.
Thank you. I need your sons help. Lol. I had a 3D printer given to me. I upgraded to a skr mini v3 mother board and bltouch. I can’t get it to z home and I’m about to throw it through the window

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Getting closer with my 3 custom 3D printer builds.I designed my printheads from scratch, running CAN bus with quick change tool heads with their own processor cards with unique ID’s. Printhead parts are designed prototyped, and fit tested. Final prototype designs are are ready for production. Now I’m just waiting for the rest of the parts. I will have three fast and accurate 500 square mm printers and be set up for small scale production once complete. Needless to say, my CAD skills are top-notch now.
79C65F1B-44F3-463B-B922-9A55823EC5C6.png
20CD0E78-F0F7-4E50-9559-F4E85F40EF46.jpeg
D7F3D82F-4045-4A5E-A8FC-D0ABCBA6A5BE.jpeg
F165D384-087E-48AB-8F37-20F717BD1E39.jpeg
0D8AD2EB-E0BC-4325-8C01-5CC46147FC7D.jpeg
64F2F41A-96E9-4D66-BA19-71BFC5B84CF7.jpeg
133ECF9D-8343-4585-93B4-67E89E923179.jpeg
ABC5E879-8FD7-4CBD-8FB4-38A6A67EDF72.jpeg
381932A6-E89F-47C8-99DC-7AE8AA2AEFB6.jpeg
6D7E6848-7980-419E-B4D4-BA6DEF811BE6.jpeg
BDD0E36D-982C-4993-A97C-A26B64AD4683.jpeg

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Getting closer with my 3 custom 3D printer builds.I designed my printheads from scratch, running CAN bus with quick change tool heads with their own processor cards with unique ID’s. Printhead parts are designed prototyped, and fit tested. Final prototype designs are are ready for production. Now I’m just waiting for the rest of the parts. I will have three fast and accurate 500 square mm printers and be set up for small scale production once complete. Needless to say, my CAD skills are top-notch now.
View attachment 37133View attachment 37134View attachment 37135View attachment 37136View attachment 37137View attachment 37138View attachment 37139View attachment 37140View attachment 37141View attachment 37142View attachment 37143
Okay enough playing around with the 3D printer stuff. I’m ready for you to finish the design on your front wing

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Okay enough playing around with the 3D printer stuff. I’m ready for you to finish the design on your front wing
Design is done. The entire lower airfoil section of that front spoiler is plastic. I cannot print it without the right printer.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
Is anyone able or interested in helping me modify an existing STL file so I can get it printed?

I've had my eye on Optimize Prime's dash piece that bolts under the cluster and DF button panels and I finally figured out what I need. Unfortunately, I do not have the skills needed to make the modifications. I spent time with some tutorials in Meshmixer and Blender, but I only got as far as filling in the holes and not much further.

I couldn't even get the measure tool to work in Meshmixer, so I opened the file in Blender and it says the piece is 1,100 feet wide. I'm not sure how the scale changed by slightly editing a known good file, but I am clueless about how to make the next modification on my list. I'm going to keep watching videos to see if I can figure it out, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.

Jmar1622

Is anyone able or interested in helping me modify an existing STL file so I can get it printed?

I've had my eye on Optimize Prime's dash piece that bolts under the cluster and DF button panels and I finally figured out what I need. Unfortunately, I do not have the skills needed to make the modifications. I spent time with some tutorials in Meshmixer and Blender, but I only got as far as filling in the holes and not much further.

I couldn't even get the measure tool to work in Meshmixer, so I opened the file in Blender and it says the piece is 1,100 feet wide. I'm not sure how the scale changed by slightly editing a known good file, but I am clueless about how to make the next modification on my list. I'm going to keep watching videos to see if I can figure it out, but I'm not too optimistic at this point.
What do you need modified?

jirwin

Goblin Guru

For me, Blender is always 1000x size. So 1m in Blender is 1mm once exported to STL and imported in Cura.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
Yeah. Different applications have different defaults and it's always a scaling fight.... Happens to me with nearly every CAD style app I have...

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
What do you need modified?
I wanted to add a recessed section in the middle for my boost controller head unit. I was originally going to move some of the holes around but figured filling them in would be easier, as I can just drill out the holes I need in case I want to change the spacing.

RITDR

I wanted to add a recessed section in the middle for my boost controller head unit. I was originally going to move some of the holes around but figured filling them in would be easier, as I can just drill out the holes I need in case I want to change the spacing.
If you send me the .stl I should be able to move the holes and add the recessed section for you.
I’ll dm you my email.

Jmar1622

Some things I have come up with. Dash is for passenger side, is in two pieces and should fit on an ender 3. Gauge profile is the top of the gauge pod if you want to cross it with a sun shade or something. The light sensors are for the ambient light sensor.

Attachments

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Some things I have come up with. Dash is for passenger side, is in two pieces and should fit on an ender 3. Gauge profile is the top of the gauge pod if you want to cross it with a sun shade or something. The light sensors are for the ambient light sensor.
Do you have pictures of your prints?

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The left panel is about 9mm to wide for my ender 3. If I shrink it down it will fit the build plate. Did you have to adjust for your slicer

Jmar1622

If you print without skirt or brim it should fit. Left side I printed face down, 100% infill with support. Right I printed face up .

jirwin

Goblin Guru
@SmsDetroit if you can wait a little while I plan on editing @Jmar1622 s files and cutting a dash plate out on my CNC. Not sure what material yet, but I'll figure that out later. Need to finish engine first. Same goes for anyone else in the Michigan crew if y'all want one