Wiring harness help…

Pizzaman

I’m working on finishing up my wiring harness trynna get it all done before my kit is delivered… In part 10 where they solder on all the extensions where is the best place to get those extensions I checked Amazon and not quite seeing what I need?

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
you can buy the wiring kit from DF if you want or just use the leftover wire from stripping your harness.

KSLunsfo

I used the kit from DF. Makes it pretty simple and you'll have matching wire colors per what's in the harness and by the DF instructions. Worth the small cost in my opinion.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I just used left over wires from thinning the harness. Only issue, I had to change some colors from what the harness had. I just marked them on my flags I made. I think a couple of my black grounds turned into white grounds.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Something you should have labeled.

You need to add you donor to your signature to help narrow it down.

Some hint to what part of the car it might have came from would also help.

Pizzaman

Sorry my bad I think I just updated my signature those two connectors are located near the red BCM connector.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
The small connector with green w/ wht stripe is the neutral start w
Switch on automatics. With manual the neutral SS is on the clutch pedal. Both are in the harnesses and on manual cars that one is “abandoned in place” and not used. The BCM figures it out. The other is your rear power port on the console, pretty sure. The red w/ wht stripe is either always on or only when ignition is on, I can’t recall. Easy to check or just tape them up and hide them for later use.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I have confirmed these with the service manual.
The four wire connector is “x307 body harness to a/T shift control module”. For any one looking at this later, that very similar connectors have several uses on the later models so you have to check the wire colors and actual connector color. Most are removed anyway but one is used on the turbo boost gauge.
The 2 wire is the “accessory power outlet-center console”.

ah.b.normal

Goblin Guru
Thanks for spotting that other use of that particular connector! I have only dissected N/A cars and have never encountered that other use. As you noted, the connector to the Turbo Boost gauge is a different color with different color wires and appears in the dash harness. This one being on the floor near the console power outlet helped ID it. BEWARE! They reused many connectors all over these cars. Example: I needed a new 05/06 MT reverse light plug, I found it is the same as the ext temp sensor connector in the front light harness.

Last edited:

Pizzaman

I have confirmed these with the service manual.
The four wire connector is “x307 body harness to a/T shift control module”. For any one looking at this later, that very similar connectors have several uses on the later models so you have to check the wire colors and actual connector color. Most are removed anyway but one is used on the turbo boost gauge.
The 2 wire is the “accessory power outlet-center console”.
Thanks

Pizzaman

In part 4 video, organizing the main harness it says at the beginning to tape up part of the ECM connector, and then there should be 6 inches of twisted tan wire past that I have the tan wire but I never previously cut it anywhere. What is that wire for and am I correct that I should cut it?