SmsDetroit Registered!!! Extended Track Goblin 09 Turbo SS

Ross

Goblin Guru
I could find the buttons here, but couldn't find one with a coiled wire. Searching for coiled wire led me to telephone cords. Is that what you used?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Any plug-in for the cord so you can remove the steering wheel from the car? At least further than the cord will reach.

Like one of these:

Plugging into one of these:

The plug would go into the receptacle mounted in the dash. At least that's how I would envision this to work. :D

Edit: doh! This is only if the buttons are part of the steering wheel!

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Any plug-in for the cord so you can remove the steering wheel from the car? At least further than the cord will reach.

Like one of these:

Plugging into one of these:

The plug would go into the receptacle mounted in the dash. At least that's how I would envision this to work. :D

Edit: doh! This is only if the buttons are part of the steering wheel!
nope just a male and female spade connection. If I need to I’ll unplug them.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
My new clutch ch started slipping under power. Sucks
The clutch pedal is returning to fully extended and not keeping some residual pressure in the line from the clutch master cylinder to the slave on the TOB?

Did you use a spacer for the TOB? Could be the TOB is not fully disengaged if it is too close to the pressure plate fingers.

Just trying to think of what common issues could be occurring.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
The clutch pedal is returning to fully extended and not keeping some residual pressure in the line from the clutch master cylinder to the slave on the TOB?

Did you use a spacer for the TOB? Could be the TOB is not fully disengaged if it is too close to the pressure plate fingers.

Just trying to think of what common issues could be occurring.
It’s been driving fine. Got a just under 500 miles of easy driving on it. This morning I pulled up to a light with a Camaro next to me. So as the law states I had to race it. Took off hard. Pulled 1-2 2-3 3-4. Once in 4th I heard the rpm rise but the car wasn’t pulling. I got out of it right away. But I could already smell clutch. Just drove it home and it felt okay but I think it may be hurt. I’m hoping some nice easy driving may clean up some of the glazing if there is any. Again that’s just a hope

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ooh, this could be a small leak from the TOB seal that's getting fluid on the flywheel and pressure plate interface. Or an engine crankshaft seal minor leak possibly. From the problem you've reported it has to be something fluid getting into the interface - oil blowing out of a seal under pressure when you were exercising your Goblin, at least that sounds logical.

There should be a space somewhere between the engine and transmission (cover plate or ???) where you should be able to see the edge of the flywheel and pressure plate. One possible way to help this is hit the gap between the pressure plate and flywheel faces with brake cleaner - while the engine is running and someone is holding in the clutch pedal. Spray as much as possible - but don't let off on the clutch. It will take at least 1 minute or more for the brake cleaner to evaporate and hopefully take some of whatever is glazing up in the interface. This may help in the short term, but it will be your call whether or not the transmission needs to come out for a look-see. Maybe someone else has another solution to help with this issue.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I’ve always known my car was quick. I’m no stranger to fast car. I live 10 minutes away from Woodward ave in Michigan. My wife and I go out a lot on Fridays in our cars. This past Friday I lined up next to 2 Lamborghini LP 640 and walked them both. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the guys faces when they pulled back up to me at the next light. This was probably one of my favorite alleged races