Recent content by Brian74

1. Brian74

Donorless builds

Any news on what ever happened to Michael? One day he suddenly disappeared without a trace. Had a few of us very concerned.. I believe I am using an old VATS ignition switch /key from my 07 donor in my 09 LNF build. I was worried about it not reading, but it is not throwing any security errors...
  2. Brian74

Headlight options...

https://www.eaglelights.com/collections/all-5-3-4-led-headlights?
  3. Brian74

Headlight options...

Yes. Super happy with them. Looks really mean but also very bright.
  4. Brian74

Brian's City Goblin-06/Crate MotorTC #61

1st printer is done. It took me a few weeks to get the settings dialed in, but it is printing AMAZING in tolerance and multi material. I took a proven design and modified it to my liking using custom designed parts. I also solved a few design problems along the way and implemented designs of a...
  5. Brian74

Custom STL Files for 3D Printed Goblin Parts

I just finished building/programming my first of 3 500x500mm bed CoreXY printers. These are based on Ratrig original VCore design but I redesigned much of it to improve durability and efficiency. I’m getting +/- .05mm tolerance on .6 nozzle ASA parts. It is printing ASA, PETG, Nylon/NylonCF, PC...
  6. Brian74

:D She’s printing!!!! :D Hopefully will be printing big Goblin parts soon. A center console with 2 cupholders would be quite nice. :D
  7. Brian74

Stuff like this… center console, CHMSL/dome light/rear view camera, air filter housing, various mounts & clamps… Heavy stuff I originally designed out of metal will be 3D printed out of lightweight polymer instead, finally on a printer big enough to print it. Also makes me more confident to go...
  8. Brian74

Not as of yet, other than a few parts orders. Busy designing this new 3D printer prototype that will print many of my new Goblin parts.
  9. Brian74

In the middle of building printer frame #1. Its about as big as a washing machine. I’m on the 5th frame rebuild as I am trying to pick up technique and identify deficiencies in the hardware. The more square the initial build is, the less hassle it will be to calibrate later on. I hope to have...
  10. Brian74

Design is done. The entire lower airfoil section of that front spoiler is plastic. I cannot print it without the right printer.
  11. Brian74

Getting closer with my 3 custom 3D printer builds.I designed my printheads from scratch, running CAN bus with quick change tool heads with their own processor cards with unique ID’s. Printhead parts are designed prototyped, and fit tested. Final prototype designs are are ready for production...
  12. Brian74

It will fit. Its definitely gonna be tight. My wife actually wanted to sell the sectional couch and TV and just move everything into the living room. I almost took her up on that.
  13. Brian74

I’m slightly closer to printing huge Goblin parts. My 3 500mm printer kits have arrived. My toolhead design is nearly done. Yesterday I wired in 3 separate dedicated 20A breakers to my print room to run each printer. Its been kinda crazy because my business is picking up and I’m busy trying to...
  14. Brian74

Rant on rants nothing to do with Goblins or builders 'cause I like the Goblin and the builders - family

Story of my life lately, brother. In our quest for excellence, we often miss the little details that are the root cause of the issues. Instead we mask the problem by “tuning”. Quite often, bits and pieces of pertinent info are missed from the desks of engineers to the customer. Engineers just...
  15. Brian74

Waiting on my 3 500x500 Ratrig kits. Currently busy designing my new extruder layouts; this is what I’ve got so far. Will be running quick change tool heads so its gonna be a mishmash of Ratrig design that I will need to modify in order to fit my application. I don’t check in here often but...