Recent content by Brocker

1. B

sway (anti-roll) bars

I would like to have a centralized thread regarding sway bars. The current posts are all over the place. One mentions "smooth ride" sway bars (no idea) - One mentions a Miata sway bar - most state the standard SS is too large. Could you please put what you're using and how well it works for...
  2. B

Rear Sway Bar, Yes or No

What do you think of the sway bar? I’m planning to track my car and wonder if it helps a significant amount
  3. B

326 done and street legal

I just took it to the tuner. He’s not done yet. Maybe I can answer your question next week. He said he’s got to get a part from Zz Performance. The map sensor needs an upgrade. The bottom line: he thought the car was impressive with just a stock tune.
  4. B

FYI: took the Gobalt to a tuner in Montgomery (All In Garage). He called me last night - loved the car. He said he was thinking about doing one himself. He is a drifter. He was surprised how much grip the car showed even with my 200 treadwear tires.
  5. B

With thanks to Gstory my goblin (GOBALT) is street legal in Alabama. My wife and I took a trip to a hot dog restaurant (The Grumpy Dog) in downtown Wetumpka. On the way back a Challenger SRT 8 Superbee wanted a little run at a light. No problem there....(didn't need to speed - just left him...
  6. B

Brian's City Goblin-06/Crate MotorTC #61

Just curious-where did you get the new engine wire harness from?
  7. B

Diffuser

Got my Nine Lives Diffuser on today. Mounted it a little differently from others. Bought a thin steel plate from lowes and cut it 6 x 36. Used push pull pins to hold it in place and tucked the leading edge of the diffuser under it. The diffuser weighs 12.8 pounds plus the thin plate, push pull...
  8. B

326 is ready!

ACC button. My accessory button was a bounce back toggle. I found buttons that would fit on Amazon and replaced it with an on off button.
  9. B

326 is ready!

Forgot to add a photo of the 12 V receptor. Here it is with my Corvette trickle charger plugged in to keep the BCM humming along fine.
  10. B

326 is ready!

With the help of Kyle Romero, a friend of mine who is a GM master technician, we finally got the car going and ready last Sunday. Everything works on the car including cruise control. He fabricated a solid mirror mount for me, a 12 V power source over the center channel, an extra water overflow...
  11. B

Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

I just sent my forms in to the Alabama Dept of Revenue. Question: will the inspector require a windshield wiper? Everything else should be good.
  12. B

Third brake light

Hi Gtstorey. I live in Millbrook, near Montgomery. Did you get your goblin licensed in Alabama? Difficult?
  13. B

Third brake light

If you mounted a third brake light, what did you buy and how did you mount it?
  14. B

light hook up issues

I just replaced all the ground strap cables with new and very carefully wirebrushed all the connections to the frame ground lugs, washers, and nuts -- removing any paint, rust, corrosion etc. Once that was done I ran my fluke meter from the battery to the engine area ground lug. My overall...
  15. B

light hook up issues

After months of going through the engine and main harness wire by wire I believe we found the source of the problem with my Goblin (Gobalt). It was the ground! The ground wire from the battery to the frame had 8 ohms of resistance. The ground cable from the engine to the frame had 5 ohms of...