Recent content by CajunJeff

1. C

'06 Saturn Ion Redline donor for sale with HPT

I cranked it up and drove it today... Still runs strong. But the longer it sits, the worse shape it's going to be.
  2. C

Schriever Louisiana, 70395. Close to Thibodaux and Houma.
  3. C

Putting out feelers to sell my '06 Redline. It has 175K miles, needs a bunch of little repairs and at this point, I no longer need it. A lot of small interior stuff needs repairs (sunroof gearbox, window clips, headliner is out) but that wouldn't matter to most folks here. Located in south...
  4. C

Greetings, from southern Louisiana!

Awesome! I ended up selling the Rambler to a guy in Covington, but I still have the Saturn. Who knows what the future holds!
  5. C

Making HP. LNF, LSJ, LE5, LAP vs L61

If I recall, the "Big HP" L61 build included a cam-driven distributor, 3 injectors per cylinder, a turbo the size of a pumpkin, main cap/head studs that went all the way through the block, etc. and made around 1500HP. Same engine they used in the Bonneville LSR cars, detuned to around 1200 for...
  6. C

Making HP. LNF, LSJ, LE5, LAP vs L61

They used the L61 block in their "How To Build a High HP Ecotec" book. Mostly aimed at drag cars (it included a built automatic trans) but the stock LSJ engine internals can hold 400+ HP. Biggest hindrance to making power on an LSJ is the restrictive intake manifold.
  7. C

Jared's Florida Road/Track Build - 06 SS/SC (#230)

Sorry for the random reply, but that shop is about 10 minutes from me. Didn't even know it existed!
  8. C

DF Kit Car service: Reworking the wiring harness

LOL, I'm from Thibodaux. And yes, it uses a BCM like the Cobalt. I have a copy of HP Tuners and am not afraid to use it!
  9. C

The Ion Redline is almost identical to the Cobalt SS/SC mechanically. Same engine, trans, suspension, brakes, everything (except small things like the intake, the gauge cluster is in a different location, etc). I know the drivetrain and everything would fit. For me, it would just be a matter of...
  10. C

@Adam , I'd like to ask this question for the benefit of anyone else who's considering building a kit with a non-Cobalt donor. Can you do the harness service for something like a Saturn ion? (I have a Redline) I know it's *real* similar, but I don't want to assume anything.
  11. C

SkyRay's Extended Track Goblin #314 - 09 SS/TC

That looks absolutely fantastic! I love the Air Force/teeth theme. Very appropriate for these low-altitude flying machines.
  12. C

JCas Tacoma Wa city easy entry 07 LS #188 "REGISTERED"

All year Redlines had ABS, some of the base model Ions had rear drums and no ABS. None of them had traction control. That sensor on the intermediate shaft is the speed sensor, and was only on the '04 models. You will need a dealership or someone with HPTuners to change the speed sensor setting...
  13. C

Oh! Almost forgot- if that's an '04 Redline, it doesn't have an LSD. They only offered the competition package (with gray wheels, boost gauge and LSD) from 2005 on.
  14. C

The shaft speed sensor also has a different number of reluctor teeth than the ones with the sensor inside the trans. So ECU has to be set for that sensor for it to work right. That might be part of the problem if Traction Control is looking for a certain signal? Not exactly sure. I'm not an...