Recent content by escapepilot

1. escapepilot

84 Fiero Endurance Racecar

Love it!
  2. escapepilot

Instrument Cluster Interchangeability

Question for the electrical hive mind - Are GM clusters interchangeable between different models? Not specifically a Goblin/Cobalt question, but can a cluster from say an '09 G5 be used to replace an '06 Cobalt cluster? Is there general rule such as "if the connector matches and they are both...
  3. escapepilot

Background Project - VeeDub ReDub Platform

I’ve seen some good looking Type 3s and if this chassis would work with those…I could see me with a square back or fast back.
  4. escapepilot

My goblin is......

I got a little chuckle from this one. If the immobilizer is not letting your Goblin start, has it failed, or does that mean it's working??? I know, semantics. I hope you get it straightened out. I had an issue with mine suddenly not starting that turned out to be a bad relay in the BCM not...
  5. escapepilot

Zenith 750 Cruzer

Please keep updating this thread. When I considered building one, I was looking at the UL Power engines.
  6. escapepilot

My new project

I'm pretty good managing project scope creep...it's quantity of projects creep that slows me down.
  7. escapepilot

GOTW - 2-2-24 #316 Shannon Coleman

At the time I ordered it, I believe it was spec'd at 2.5 inch for the LSJ exhaust but I never really looked at it closely.
  8. escapepilot

Zenith 750 Cruzer

SWEET! I've thought about building one of those, but my car habit interferes. Been looking at a Whittman Tailwind lately but again...that would take away from car time.
  9. escapepilot

My new project

I've thought about it. Nerd Rods makes a chassis that has positive reviews from the Tri-Five guys. Not sure I want to use it there though.
  10. escapepilot

SOLD HP Tuners MPVI2+ $275

I decided to sell my Goblin before I had the courage to learn how to tune so I won't be needing this MPVI2+. New, unopened, no credits, I've never used one so I can't offer any help. You'll need to purchase two universal credits from HP Tuners to tune your Goblin.
  11. escapepilot

My new project

The price was what I would view as a significant deal. May not use them on my 57, but I do think they will get used.
  12. escapepilot

My new project

Since the Goblin sold, I was hoping to start on the 57 soon. But a deal came along for some parts I wanted and now I have to do some disassembly and then make room again.
  13. escapepilot

Have these three extra wires, where do they go?

That grey wire has me stumped. The color seems wrong - too dark - and it seems to be a different strand than is typically used in auto wiring. It may just be the pic, but it reminds me of the typical spool of wire you get at Lowes.
  14. escapepilot

Goblin frame prep for paint?

A good paint shop can also color match to the powder coat and some can even put that in a rattle can.
  15. escapepilot

Goblin frame prep for paint?

The Cerakote option is interesting, but you'll need access to a large oven to cure it. Powdercoating is probably the best option but prices can vary significantly from less than $1000 to more than $2000. Paint is the most economical. What is your end goal? Show car quality? Durability...