Recent content by JBuild

1. J

QuickJacks

I used them to build and for service after, no issue getting them under the rails. Like the QuickJack system, my only issue is the cylinders don't hold pressure well and require pretty regular refills. The air is used to lower the jacks when there is little or no weight on them.
  2. J

Installing the hood

The head size on the minis is .875 to 1.5, I'm not near the car currently to measure.
  3. J

Installing the hood

What size quick-latch did you guys use?
  4. J

Aftermarket solid shifter?

I'm in for one as well.
  5. J

[TC TUNE GUIDE #2] Dial in Fuel Trims

Great writeup and subscribed.
  6. J

How long did it take from start to finish?

As for parking and space I had the donor stripped and gone within a weekend and it wasn't bad at all. I kept a pile of the could possible use/sell stuff but the shell was gone about 4 days after it arrived. About 6 months from getting the donor to the first start/drive, that included splitting...
  7. J

Removing Transmission Without Removing Motor

I was thinking slide it over to get the input shaft out of the clutch housing and then pull it out from the bottom.
  8. J

Removing Transmission Without Removing Motor

Looks like the rear main seal is bad so I need to pull the transmission to change it. Does anyone know if it's possible to support the motor and just remove the trans? Seems like the 3 transmission variants are about the same size so I would imagine if one makes it out they all would. If not...
  9. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Figured it out, turns out one of the traces on the fuse box circuit burnt up. Ran a jumper on the board and it fixed the issue. Not sure I trust this for a long term solution so I found a reasonably priced used one. When standing at the back of the car the top left pin should be a constant...
  10. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Definitely don't have a ground at pin 85, which I think should be the top left. Mine has 6v so that's an issue. From what I can tell there's some circuitry in the fuse box as that pin doesn't directly feed a wiring harness wire so I can't cheat the ground. Does anyone have a spare fuse box...
  11. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

I only have a single ground, when I disconnect the fuel pump it goes away. Sounds like I need to check my ground.
  12. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

I can't say I haven't thought about a full switch panel. :rolleyes: I'm at work now but I believe that is what I have. It seems like the ECM isn't sending enough voltage to trigger the relay. Just not sure what that value is supposed to be, guessing ~5-6 volts.
  13. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Motoracer, the security light on the dash goes away after a few seconds and the car cranks. I had a similar thought and confirmed the connections and everything looked to be in good shape. For anyone else having issues the car will not crank with the security light or if the key fob isn't...
  14. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Motoracer110 I have been following your build, one of the first things I tried was to tighten the box down even more. Also interesting your box is a bit different. I am suspecting either the ECM or the fuse box is bad. I bought a new ECM and HPTuners but can't seem to get the new ECM to...
  15. J

Fuel Pump Not Priming

Went through the wiring diagrams, it is pin 10 on mine as well. When I pull the connector off the ECM and test that pin I don't get voltage. I'm thinking there are other contingent circuits used by that connector that prevent 10 from outputting a voltage with the plug removed. I'm not positive...