Recent content by jirwin

1. jirwin

Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

Let see how effective it is and how good it looks first lol
  2. jirwin

Yep, thats exactly the plan. I have 7" fans that will go in there. They'roughly 2.5" thick, so there's plenty of room to feed them air. Plus it will guard the fins a bit
  3. jirwin

@Traé yes is does function. I will keep that in mind, thank you. Started a different thread for the truck: https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/tow-rig-2003-silverado-1500hd-quadrasteer.4989/ Ok! Back on topic! I've made a little progress on the heat exchanger side pods in between...
  4. jirwin

Tow-Rig - 2003 Silverado 1500HD - Quadrasteer

Starting a separate post as to not clog up my build thread with more truck stuff. This is my new (to me) 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD. 6.0L, 4L80E, and (working) quadrasteer! Its from Texas so its mostly rust free. Looking forward to modifying this to eventually make it my DD and replace my...
  5. jirwin

Maybe I should make this a new thread after all :)
  6. jirwin

So I assume the process to get it to not burn oil is hone and re-ring?
  7. jirwin

186K. It has great oil pressure, so who knows. Didn't really care when buying it since I'm obviously not afraid to tear down an engine lol. My buddy has the same truck, same year and it has over 300k on stock pretty much everything. Its just now starting to leak out the rear main a bit. Very...
  8. jirwin

Maybe it makes a difference that where I live stop and it traffic isn't really a thing lol. I got stuck on 75 the day of the eclipse and traffic was horrendous. Then I truely hated it lol. I actually ended up putting it in 4LO for a bit so I could idle in first at like 0.5mph LOL Yeah the...
  9. jirwin

I take quite a lot of pride in being a millennial that only drives manual lol. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it. If I keep the Tacoma (manual) and just use this as a tow rig, I might be able to justify it. If I make it my DD/tow rig as was the intent, I'll probably manual swap it...
  10. jirwin

I was surprised how much I liked it. Its so nimble!
  11. jirwin

Oh, forgot to mention too. I'm about 50/50 on manual swapping it with an NV4500. I haven't ever owned an automatic vehicle, so I'll probably get bored of this and swap it lol
  12. jirwin

I've been doing it myself for a few years now with Fluid Film. Seeing as I have time to shake this down until I sell the Tacoma, I MIGHT get ambitious and take the bed off and at least lift the cab a few inches so I can POR15 the whole frame. We'll see though, that's a lot of work
  13. jirwin

Truck arrived Friday night. Its an 03 1500HD with a 6.0 and Quadrasteer. In really good shape for it's age. Basically zero rust, especially by Michigan standards. I plan on camming it, throwing on some headers (because the stock manifolds are leaking :p), and a tune. There will be body...
  14. jirwin

Rebuilding the DF exhaust system

I held the ZZP ultra quiet resonator up to the end of my system and it noticeably quieted it down. Nothing super duper dramatic, but noticeable. Seemed to get rid of some of the deeper tones. I wasn't able to rev it and hold it there to fully test it, but I'm confident it will at least quiet it...
  15. jirwin

Rebuilding the DF exhaust system

Haha I'm doing the same thing this weekend since my Vibrant setup was waaay too loud. I didnt get the sound reducer though. Hopefully this quiets it down enough, but after seeing it, I doubt it. The way they word it they make it sound like its not straight thru, but apparently it is. Maybe I'll...