Recent content by Jonathan O'Hara

1. J

Sticky clutch engagement in 1st gear - worn out clutch?

I spoke too soon about re-implementing stock TM as fully fixing the problem. It really helped, but there’s still decent room for improvement for me. Maybe I’ll try going more conservative even than stock TM. I also like the idea of a stiffer pedal. I’m keeping watching this thread for good ideas ...
  2. J

Just confirming, torque management was definitely my problem, though I hadn't actually modified the table ctuinstra referred to. In my tuning wisdom (or lack thereof), I'd actually zeroed out the "Retard vs % Torque Reduction" Table. I returned it to stock, and the jerking problem is now gone...
  3. J

Thanks guys! This sounds very likely to be my problem, especially since when I upgraded to SCs, I installed 60# injectors and took the opportunity to do some other tuning, including removing torque management ... I'll do a little HP tuning and put some of that back!
  4. J

Hello all, When I'm in first gear, unless I'm very gradual and smooth in letting off the clutch pedal and applying the throttle, I get some borderline whiplash jerkiness in acceleration. I mean the car will surge forward for a fraction of a second, and then ease off, then surge again and repeat...
  5. J

Any Canadian friends?

Just ask Adam at DF for the process, he has a well put together write-up!
  6. J

Any Canadian friends?

So the MTO actually just sent me an email explanation of the registration process in February 2018. I understand it comes from one of their internal policy manuals and that this information is only available on request. Here's what they said: Dear Mr. O’Hara, This refers to your letter...
  7. J

Any Canadian friends?

I am all registered and insured in Ontario so it can be done! I was worried at points but it actually all went pretty smoothly. The guys at DF have a good write up about what is required to import the kit into Canada. Getting pre-approval from Transport Canada made things at the border totally...
  8. J

Welding in another cross-member behind seats for racing harness

That is a simpler idea. If I hadn't been seen keen to weld everything in sight, I might have tried to think up other solutions! On further review, I think you're right about level or minus 20 degrees. I thought I'd seen one example where there was a plus or minus, but almost everything says...
  9. J

Awesome, thanks very much guys! I like the ratchet strap testing idea, I will do that. Point taken about a 250lb body only being able to exert so much force...
  10. J

Hi guys, I've welded in a cross-member behind the seats that is around a foot above the stock one and want input on whether my welds are OK enough to rely on. I added the cross-member because when I put my seats (from Procar) and racing harness in, the straps sit on top of my shoulders, and...
  11. J

Amazon Wiring Plugs

Thanks for this post. I knew enough to spend the couple bucks extra to order more than I needed. 7 of the 10 I ordered were good.
  12. J

Parking brake sensor switch location?

Awesome, thank you so much. That’s really helpful!
  13. J

Parking brake sensor switch location?

Can someone tell me how this switch/plug connects to the parking brake handle assembly? My donor is an 06 SS/SC. I forgot how I took it off in my excitement to get things dismantled, and now can't figure out how it was connected (and apparently I cut the wire to it as well in said excitement, so...
  14. J

Dash Button Panel

That's a very generous offer and much appreciated! Before I put you to all the trouble of shipping it (to Canada), I'll take a stab at something out of steel and see how it goes, though I'm not sure it will go as well as yours. Thanks again!
  15. J

Dash Button Panel

That's for the quick responses and thanks for the information on the scaling. I'm not actually sure her 3D printer (which primarily prints cookie cutters) can print that big, I think the bed is 8' x 8'. Now that you've given me the scaling factor, we may just print it in two halves and glue it...