Recent content by MisterDave

1. MisterDave

MisterDave's - Ext. city Goblin - 09 SS/TC donor

Today was a good day. Because of COVID restrictions, my parents haven’t been able to come see the goblin since I built it in fact they missed seeing the whole process. IT was a big deal for me to be able to take them for a ride in a car that I put together.
  2. MisterDave

New tool for pulling hoses through frame rails.

Once I had a warm enough day to heat the hose in the sun a bit the hose pulling tool worked great for me. It failed my first try when it was too cool (40s outside) and the hose wasn’t pliable enough.
  3. MisterDave

I wanted to use different naca ducts, but the holes were already cut. This is what I came up with: Before: After: I plan to wrap the adapter I made to match the car wrap.
  4. MisterDave

Thanks. I debated the wing mount a lot. I was afraid it would be too high. I’m pretty happy with it.
  5. MisterDave

I’m hesitant to say it’s finished because there is still a list of things I want to do. But it is now registered and insured and ready for its first drive on public roads. So.... is it finished? I still want to change the way the naca ducts are attached, upgrade the shifter with the new setup I...
  6. MisterDave

April 2021 DF Kit Car Contest Announcement - Wheel Wednesday

Toyo proxes 235/35/19 with Konig Countergram 19x9.5 +25mm
  7. MisterDave

Fenders or Not

I have been working on getting my fenders the way I want them...
  8. MisterDave

Registering a Built Goblin You Did Not Build

As long as you get the MCO you should have no problem... You have to do a notarized bill of sale to "sell" the Goblin to your llc for the montana Registration. I didn't use the odometer disclosure statement as long as you have the officer doing the VIN check put the current mileage on that form.
  9. MisterDave

The purple wire is fog... I found the fuse, looked fine. So I'm not really sure why I wasn't getting power to it... maybe something with the switch... After a quick email and response from Lonny, the red wire is labeled at amp. This fuse is located in the front panel. That fuse was blown...
  10. MisterDave

Could the red one be “cool fans(turbo)”?
  11. MisterDave

I did get the wind screen mount on with a little bending, but it seemed to work out. I haven't put the wind screen on yet, but it looks like most people mount them on the inside of the mount. Now for another question.... WIRING! Behind the dash I have two wires; a purple and a red. I believe...
  12. MisterDave

That is my understanding as well.
  13. MisterDave

Solid Shifter OFFICIAL GROUP BUY

If you are not sold out... I would like to order a full set up. Looks awesome!
  14. MisterDave

Anyone wrap their own hood?

I did mine in a single piece. It was my first time wrapping anything. It's not perfect but I'm still happy with the results. I watched a lot of videos on how to apply it. I did find that when the garage was pretty warm the wrap was more tacky and difficult to get it to lay right. When I did...
  15. MisterDave

I’m back! Yesterday I finally took the goblin out from its winter storage. Then two hours later it started snowing! Ha. Ready for some warmer weather. But now I have it back in the garage and ready for finishing. I just have a few little things to do. One of the next things to do is the...