Recent content by neodied

1. neodied

Neodied's #375 Extended Track - 07 SS/SC donor

Looking forward to a future house which should have a garage with roof trusses that I can trus(s)t.
  2. neodied

It's a girl! :D About the Goblin? Unfortunately nothing other than noticing puddles of coolant front and rear when I cracked my garage open for the first time in a while. Excited for my parental leave which starts next week though. Should have time (and weather maybe?) to tackle the stuff...
  3. neodied

Noob question

I’m 6’3” (tall torso) with the extended frame and the Corbeau seats. I have more than enough leg room but headroom is actually a problem for me. I won’t be able to wear a helmet for track racing without some change to the seating.
  4. neodied

Driving season is over, now it's maintenance+upgrade season! Black Friday Shopping List: CLUTCH REPLACEMENT (sounds like Ghostknife's video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/-L4JiiONnUk) OEM-style replacement Clutch - $247 Aluminum flywheel LSJ F35 - $247 (15% BF discount) SUPERCHARGER PULLEY...
  5. neodied

First Start...bad head gasket

I tried putting it in 5th (for best mechanical advantage) and applying the parking brake, but that was not enough holding force. With a second person holding the hydraulic brakes, it might work. I suppose the limit on the trans holding the engine still would be the torque capacity of the clutch...
  6. neodied

First Start...bad head gasket

Any special trick to holding the crank in place for removing and torquing the crank pulley / harmonic balancer? Before I jam a screwdriver in the flywheel teeth where they are visible on the back side of the engine and hope that doesn't damage the teeth.
  7. neodied

Took the Goblin out again and the tap/rattle noise toward the right rear that I have heard before was much more pronounced. I'm not an expert on engine noises, but the location of the noise seems to be the timing chain area. I've been meaning to do a timing kit at some point, but I guess no time...
  8. neodied

New to-do list: - Finalize dual gauge pod design tweaks (adjust insert pieces for AEM gauge stud spacing and OEM boost gauge depth) - Check cylinder compression - Tuning: MAF - Repaint the muffler (starting to flake off, I don't think I followed the instructions for curing the paint) - Add...
  9. neodied

I tempo-perma-rarily wired in the AFR sensor, gauge, and HP Tuners data logger. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I took a short log of crank and idle. And to my untrained eye, the behavior of the spark timing and Short Term Fuel Trim looks.... interesting... I could definitely hear the...
  10. neodied

Off Season Plans?

Up in the top left, is that an idler pulley to replace the AC compressor?
  11. neodied

Off Season Plans?

Similar goals for me: - 62# injectors and 2.8" pulley, then tune - Power distribution box for 12V power for add-in circuits like USB power, data logger, etc - New clutch and flywheel - Vinyl wrap the hood maybe?
  12. neodied

I think I do need to add more caster to my alignment. Driving it a couple more times, it didn't self-center as much as I'd like. The never-ending alignment continues... I got an AEM wideband AFR sensor+gauge kit and HPTuners link cable so that I can log the AFR analog output alongside HPTuners...
  13. neodied

Going out for another run tonight, I noticed that my dipstick had popped out from a previous drive. My valve cover port is plumbed into the intake barb as intended (didn't block it off), so I'm guessing the PCV valve needs to be cleaned.
  14. neodied

I did follow the DF guidelines, but I don't have turn plates to measure that angle correctly. Doesn't seem like a huge priority to tackle at the moment since the driving dynamics feel good enough. Eventually I'll probably take it to a racing shop nearby that does alignments for custom builds. My...
  15. neodied

Proper alignment makes a huge difference. I finished the DIY alignment to approximately these specs for both front and rear: Ride height: Lower control arms level Camber: -0.5 Toe: 1/8" in Caster: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Took it out for a quick spin and I'm very impressed. It tracks straight now without the...