Recent content by newbtrying

1. newbtrying

Riley's Full Cage Goblin -07 SS/TC F23 #457

Today I did about 5 minutes of work on the Goblin and about an hour of work on the trailer I'm hauling the goblin across the U.S. in. Rear Trans mount bolted right into place without any fuss. I just had to locate the donor bolts needed to do so, and pick up some washers at the hardware store...
  2. newbtrying

Today I started up the goblin again after writing the first tune from ZZP to the Goblin. Now she idles a lot better and is running (a lot) less rich. Here's the video of me recording data on HP Tuners to then send back to ZZP. Before starting the video, I'd Idled the car for a few minutes to get...
  3. newbtrying

Thanks, I got that linked in my signature now. Yes, I've already got a tune from ZZP wrote to my ECM (forgive me if I use the wrong terms, this computer stuff isn't my strong suit). I purchased HP Tuners and 2 credits through ZZP and they gave me step-by-step instructions on how to save my...
  4. newbtrying

ToothMagician's Full Cage Country Goblin #493 - '06 SS LSJ Turbo donor

You have HP Tuners? I Just wrote my first to my Goblin after ZZP sent me a file. Going to be a few back-and-forths before things are perfect, I'm sure. My LSJ was also running very very rich after my engine mods. Going to fire her up tonight to see how much this first tune helped.
  5. newbtrying

Ok, some updates: 1) I haven't removed the engine to do some digging, and frankly, I don't have time to before I move to Montana. However, I've decided that the oil leak is from the oil cooler that I mounted with Orings (detailed here) based on where I'm seeing oil on the block. 2) after doing...
  6. newbtrying

Definitely the brand new, tan engine oil.
  7. newbtrying

Ok, so a few moments ago, I fired up the Goblin. Because this was the first start after an engine rebuild, before I installed the fuel hose, I disconnected the fuel pump and turned the engine over using the starter for a few rounds that each lasted about 5 seconds. Once I found oil in the oil...
  8. newbtrying

I decided to prime the oil pump tonight by unplugging the fuel pump and cycling the ignition a few times until the oil pressure light turned off on the dash. This is the first start after a total rebuild and upgrade of the engine, so it was necessary. I also rounded up a fire extinguisher for...
  9. newbtrying

Another full day of work and some parts being delivered have brought me to the point of being ready to start my goblin tomorrow. The only reason I didn't start the car today was because I am waiting on the dearest mailman to drop off a fuel filter to AN6 adapter. Today I blasted through a...
  10. newbtrying

Hey all, my name is Riley and I'm a 27 YO in KY (Montana as of next month). I'm a perfusionist by occupation, which means I start and stop hearts in the operating room so the cardiac surgeon can operate. You should note that my education is far from any of the inner workings of vehicles, so I'm...
  11. newbtrying

[GUIDE] F35 to F23 (with LSD) Transmission Swap

Oh! this is perfect. man, I wish I found this before I ran into the exact problem you already solved and detailed. Thanks a ton. I think I'll also keep the stock oil cooler... your logic convinced me that is wise. Check out this thermostat housing on Amazon for the 2.2/2.4: Is this exactly what...
  12. newbtrying

I clicked on that post and it went to a thread about steering arms. I browsed it and didn't see the talk about the oil cooler plumbing. so this: 2.2L rear thermostat housing would be compatible with my LSJ and create enough room that I can use the F23 shift cable mount without modification to...
  13. newbtrying

I think I could rig something up myself, but I just want to be doubly-tripply sure that I have to start cutting things off and going that route before I do. I was hoping one of the guys that have done it would just tell me there's a different thermostat housing that is compatible with the LSJ...
  14. newbtrying

I hope that this will be the last time that I have to crawl to you guys for help on this F23 swap... but It might not be. I decided to put a new clutch and aluminum flywheel on my LSJ and am now trying to mount the F23 to my motor, but the thermostat housing is bumping into the shift cable...