Recent content by RCK605

1. RCK605

Robinjo #405 Full Cage - 2006 SS/SC Build "Drago"

I have the same lights. They strobe as long as you supply 12v. I didn't wire any of my lights into the factory harness and use the strobe for my blinker.
  2. RCK605

Traé’s Goblin (06’ SS/SC #501)

If I remember correctly I had one less than the videos. Looked everything over a few times and decided to move on. Everything ended up working correctly.
  3. RCK605

I recommend getting through the first start before fully wrapping the harness. That way you don't have to unwrap everything to troubleshoot electrical issues if you have any.
  4. RCK605

Yes, you cap it off so you don't get vacuum leaks.
  5. RCK605

My goblin is......

Finally on its own feet!
  6. RCK605

RCK605's Track Goblin #438 - 05 SS/SC

Its on the ground and has been for a couple short drives down the street. Still lots of work to do, but this thing is going to be fun!
  7. RCK605

Had a little snafu with the wheels. One was scratched so they had to order a new one. Should be ready to pick up tomorrow or Tuesday. Suspension and brakes are finished. Shifter is installed. Engine coolant lines ran. Remaining items are to plumb intercooler, bleed brakes and clutch, install...
  8. RCK605

Donor Opinions / Questions

The SS/SC is tunable for all years. The non-SS is not tunable for the early years.
  9. RCK605

Donor Opinions / Questions

The fuel pump wiring is different. The easy solution is to get a new pump from a newer model and a pigtail connector. Then you can wire it per the
  10. RCK605

GOTW 11-10-23 - #186 Jason Backs

My first and so far only ride in a goblin was with Jason at autox. I was already sold on building one, that just accelerated the process!
  11. RCK605

GOTW 11-10-23 - #186 Jason Backs

@JBINTX love the 'purple' frame!
  12. RCK605

Now that the wiring is done it is time to start on the suspension. So far this has been going as expected and I've completed the front. The plan for the weekend is to finish the rear suspension and all of the brakes. Wheels and tires are on order and due middle of next week. Driver's seat and...
  13. RCK605

It has been awhile since I posted an update. I've made a decent amount of progress, but for the most part it has been uneventful and without major issues to make the forum and future builders aware of. I finished all of my electrical and cleaned up the wiring up front. I didn't want to use the...
  14. RCK605

Considering building a FFR Mk4 roadster (lord help me)

When I looked at the type 65 I think you could get a complete rolling chassis. You can buy new engines and ECM from Ford. If going manual I would strongly recommend a Tremec over the MT82. I believe it could be done without a donor, but would get expensive with all new parts.
  15. RCK605

Considering building a FFR Mk4 roadster (lord help me)

Sounds like you need a bigger stable! I haven't even finished my goblin and I'm already thinking about a Type 65 build next.