Recent content by Steve Sallenbach

1. S

**Post Picture's of your Finished Goblin Here**

Sorry for the late thank you's, but thanks for the kind words. Steve
  2. S

Well here it is, it's about 75 to 80% done, but it's done enough to drive. However, unfortunately I won't be able to take it on the trip tomorrow which I really wanted to do. Fenders were scrapping the tires although it didn't help that the front was only 3.5" off the ground, ok for road...
  3. S

Not Charging Battery

Thanks. I know the car was in a front-end collision twice, that could of been the cause on the last wreck.
  4. S

Not Charging Battery

Found the problem, both wires were broke at the junction where they merge into the large wire loom. That was a surprise but an easy fix, not sure how they were broken since the engine harness was never messed with.
  5. S

Not Charging Battery

thanks, I will check that out tomorrow morning.
  6. S

Scrolling through all these pictures, they all look fantastic! Hope to be where you guys are all at sooner rather than later.
  7. S

Not Charging Battery

Thanks for your help Briann1177! Hopefully this electrical idiot (me) can figure it out. I sure don't remember seeing any fusible link, but I hope there is one because that has to be the problem. Steve
  8. S

Not Charging Battery

According to Chad's diagram, it may be in the connection between the key switch and the exciter/trigger wire that goes to the alternator. Does anyone have a pin diagram with that info? I tried to do a continuity test on pin 10 and pin 30 on both black multi-plugs that go to the ecm with the...
  9. S

Nebraska VIN plate

Just got back from the Nebraska DMV with my VIN plate, should have no problem getting it licensed tomorrow now all I have to do is figure out my charging issue.
  10. S

Not Charging Battery

thanks for the replies. Yes, that was the first thing I checked was fuses. I think I have checked them at least 3 times but will check probably 3 more times. The short time I drove the goblin it was a blast, it is quick and responsive which is what I like. I hear you on things never being...
  11. S

Not Charging Battery

Chad, thanks for the information. I just googled how to trouble shoot charging problems and one thing that was mentioned was pull the positive from the battery which I really didn't want to do, good thing I didn't. You make a good point on potential damage. As we all know, you can believe...
  12. S

Not Charging Battery

My alternator is not charging the battery for some reason. I switched out alternators and still no charging. I have not had the alternator tested but I can't believe I would have two bad alternators. Does anyone have a diagram of the charging circuit and the electronic control unit which is...
  13. S

#&@* Supply and Demand

not sure where it's broke, but I have used JB plastic weld, it's really good, tough stuff.
  14. S

Dash Lights

Finally got my Goblin put together...somewhat, at least enough to see if it will start. First issue, by dash lights will not turn off. I assume I have something wired wrong when I spliced the info key/info information button, cruise etc harness... into the main harness. It won't turn over...