Recent content by Stretch2126

1. Stretch2126

New Member Introduction

Also forgot obviously the alignment matters lol. Learned that one personally.
  2. Stretch2126

New Member Introduction

What springs are you running in the front and back and how many clicks from soft are you running? Suspension can really change the handling characteristics but yes these being mid engine they will want to oversteer more than a normal front engine car. I run 400/300 springs front/back and 2...
  3. Stretch2126

Wide wheel options

I’ve looked at the bronze Konig hyper grams before. Light and look good. I think they have both 17x9 and 17x10.
  4. Stretch2126

Stretch’s ext. track goblin #386 SS/TC

Stock cams. Just 82 pound springs to prevent float on old stock springs. I had a lifter hold a valve open before when I got them back together so it’s another sign to just get new ones.
  5. Stretch2126

I’ve borescoped the cylinder and it looks fine. Full compression can back and the valve moves freely. I had a hiccup with the lifers before but I don’t know if that would directly cause a broken spring.
  6. Stretch2126

Good news! I took the cam follower off and tapped the valve to clear it just in case. Regained compression, leaving me to believe the lifter overextended and locked and caused part of the issue. Gonna get a lottery ticket later probably.
  7. Stretch2126

Valve spring let go on the exhaust side. They’re only a month old and I was easy on them the first couple rides. Installed heights were all close so I’m not sure if it was just a lucky one. Now trying to find out if the valve is bent, burnt, or seat is knocked.
  8. Stretch2126

Not a fun update. car left me stranded last week and barely idles. Compression test shows cylinder 3 with ZERO compression but the piston looks ok from the borescope, and the other three holes have 170ish psi compression. Hoping a lifter is stuck high and a valve didn’t burn.
  9. Stretch2126

Right/left caliper imbalance

Corner balancing absolutely helped. Total weight without me is 1630. With me in the car it’s 33/66 front to back. Had to play with the springs a bit but now it seems like they are way more even.
  10. Stretch2126

I can try that again to make sure. The car is about a year old now with plenty of miles on it. I forgot to mention that sometimes it feels like it hangs up on the left wheel unless I pump the brakes like the piston sticks. The pins moved when I took the apart last month so I don’t think it’s...
  11. Stretch2126

Anyone else have one side lock up first? Seems like my front left will lock up way too early or at least before my right. I switched the pads around just to make sure one set wasn’t glazed and the fluid isn’t dirty. Wondering if I need to rebuild or just source new calipers being little single...
  12. Stretch2126

My bad lol I might have only put it in the description. I went from 260-279hp and 316-330 lbs of torque roughly. The last run went up to 6.1-6.2k rpm and still held decent power to my surprise
  13. Stretch2126

Finally got the tune close to sorted out. Dyno runs are pretty fun picked up 20 horse with a little less boost and bumped timing a bit up top. Peak power is about 5500 but it only drops 2-3 hp up to 6100. It doesn’t feel like it falls off now.
  14. Stretch2126

LNF 5th Injector

I did the same time. Made a bracket for it in the small spot next to the fuel tank and engine. I wired the arm voltage to my accessory button so I can turn it on or off. I’m not tuning it up to always have it, but it’s nice to clean out the intake and help stay cool with autocross runs.
  15. Stretch2126

I’m going to try to run the car with right channels tomorrow and see if I can get it closer if it doesn’t rain. If anything see if the percent gets closer.