Recent content by TravMac

1. TravMac

Off Season Plans?

Yup! I race up with the folks in the Saginaw Valley Region and made nearly every event last year. Wasn't able to make anything this year, but hoping to get back to it soon!
  2. TravMac

Off Season Plans?

The car has really been great this year. Even though I have not made a single race with life happening, the few cruises in a registered car have been a blast. I'm thinking this winter will be a few of the little things (other than just maintenance). For Driving: Upgraded shifter install...
  3. TravMac

Michigan builders.

Honestly, same here. Nothing wrong with the car, just more stuff I have to do this weekend. Hopefully will at least take the car out for a spin around town
  4. TravMac

Michigan builders.

I'm going to try and make it. Haven't had a single event work with this year's schedule, so I'm really itching to go... But also not holding my breath if something comes up
  5. TravMac

Woodward Cruise

I had a few folks text me about seeing all the cars. They sure do look great in a group. Looking forward to making one of these events!
  6. TravMac

My goblin is......

Really burning through gas! Did 90 miles this weekend on e85 and went from what I thought was nearly full to what looked like nearly empty. Time to do some testing!
  7. TravMac

Michigan builders.

I'd try to make Thursday! I probably can't Friday or Saturday with a few other things pop up. Do we have a meeting spot for sure now? Or still figuring out with number of people?
  8. TravMac

Michigan builders.

Heyy yea, I still have them on my car. I know we talked about me keepin em after I picked em up so not to worry about the picky cops near me too. But can always lend them out again if someone needed for a few days. Can text me too if ya need
  9. TravMac

What needs to improve at the Goblin?

A lot has been said about suspension (and agree, it's well beyond many of us to say it's "bad"), but one thing to count on spending good money on is a good wheel and tire. Nothing will ruin your experience more than spinning around like you're on ice because you opted for some cheap "performance...
  10. TravMac

Why are so many Goblins for sale?

Another thing to keep in mind is you'll always understand the car better if you build yourself. There's certainly a lot of "custom" paths that are taken which makes each goblin unique. That has been a pain for some folks who buy a car, run into a problem, and run into some headache solving it...
  11. TravMac

NRG vs 9Lives

Working on analysis as a day job (Structural, not fluid... but it applies), I can tell you that there's a lot of basic understanding out there, but the magic is in the details of numbers. I think seeing comments like "CFD tested" are funny because you can test a cow using software, and not...
  12. TravMac

DF Mirrors with Blinkers - Need help

I think the split for those wires ends up somewhere in the center tunnel area of the car by the shifter. I ran into something similar on mine, only it was flipped for headlight high beams and turn signals on both sides. I can't remember if the tunnel was where the original splice is, or if...
  13. TravMac

Michigan builders.

That one might be on my radar, but not 100% sure yet. Is it the one in Livonia?
  14. TravMac

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

Funny what one little wire can do... good find! When does the next stage come?
  15. TravMac

Fenix's Goblin #461 - 2010 Base Auto

I'm pretty sure they are turn signal wires (just went to my car and realized it was all taped up for "water proofing", so 90% confident). Have you tried to swap relays? It seems like key wants to try if your gauge is also dropping as if there's a voltage change. There are more unique issues...