True dimensions

Hey all, im looking into the track reg length kit. I saw the specs on true total length, width, at widest point and such, just wondering, are they true specs?? Has anyone measured? Im looking to get a small enclosed trailer. The goblin will probly be in it for winter months. Trying to get as small as possible, single axel, under 3000lbs gvwr, 3k and over need brakes and yearly inspection here. Dont wanna deal with that. Have to with the camper, lol. Thinking a 6x 12 would work. Thanks

BAR-AIR

Good Evening,
Here are a couple of pictures of my car up on a 6’x12’ trailer. Rear wheels could not fit through the wheel wells of the trailer. Had about a inch on either side before the wheel wells. (Ended up with a 7’x14’ trailer) would of preferred an enclosed but would have had to step up to a 8.5’ wide due to the doors on the 7’ wide are only 6’ wide on the ones I was looking at.
THX,
Bruce
743FB584-B6E4-4DAF-9768-86DF11BAA6BF.jpeg
3080DE4C-A851-41FD-A267-9B4F8582279F.jpeg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
You wheel offsets will make a huge difference if they will fit. Ours fits our trailer door opening by about 1". We got really lucky.

This is a 7' x 16' enclosed trailer with a 6'-6" ceiling.

img4024.jpg
img4026.jpg

Thanks for the pics. So its looking like a 7x 12 would be the smallest, and be a bit tight. 7x14 probly the best. And then gunna have to have breaks. And inspection. Thanks for the help. Guess I gotta start searching for a trailer and a donor.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the pics. So its looking like a 7x 12 would be the smallest, and be a bit tight. 7x14 probly the best. And then gunna have to have breaks. And inspection. Thanks for the help. Guess I gotta start searching for a trailer and a donor.
Sounds like you may be from PA?

I have a 6x14 single axle that I bought years ago for kart racing. And for the same reasons listed above (brakes and inspection). When I ordered my Goblin I looked at the track width spec. and thought great a winter storage trailer. Well the chassis with out the wheels will not even fit :(. It worked out that my brothers 52 MG TD will fit so we swapped garage spots and the TD gets to sleep in the trailer for the winter.

JERMzSS

I wonder if it would fit in the smaller trailer on some space saver spares? It would bite changing the wheels everytime you wanted to use it though.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
And I would think that you could use a 12' trailer (other than it having to be 7' wide). But I haven't actually measured the length of the car.

JERMzSS

Mine is 69 inches wide and 126 inches from its nose to the exhaust tip. (No hood)

Last edited:
I am in pa, im a boat mechanic, and we do trailer inspections, but I didnt want to deal with it. And my girl has a rav4, thinking I could tow the camper and she could haul the car, but its a lease and too much weight with the bigger trailer. Guess she'll just have to get a bigger suv....summer wouldnt be too much an issue, small garage itll fit, but its full of my daughters crap. They are hoarders!! Once upon a time I had my extreme blazer in there. Thanks for all the help.

Karter2026...ever make it out to the reading area with the goblin?? In between Harrisburg and Philly.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I am in pa, im a boat mechanic, and we do trailer inspections, but I didnt want to deal with it. And my girl has a rav4, thinking I could tow the camper and she could haul the car, but its a lease and too much weight with the bigger trailer. Guess she'll just have to get a bigger suv....summer wouldnt be too much an issue, small garage itll fit, but its full of my daughters crap. They are hoarders!! Once upon a time I had my extreme blazer in there. Thanks for all the help.

Karter2026...ever make it out to the reading area with the goblin?? In between Harrisburg and Philly.
I have not as of yet. It is hard to find good enough weather for more than 8 hours in PA to drive that far.

True. Thats y its been so hard for me to decide on one, and actually order. Plus it would be more of a "daily beater" for me, with 2 young daughters, hard to justify one. And not alot of time other than 2 and from work.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

Garage sale!!! Make room for the Goblin to park in the garage and pay for some extra goodies. :p

Ha ha ha!! To me a good plan, to hoarders not so much. Plus the 6 yo has an elephants memory. Askes for crap from when she was 1. I cant remember 5 min ago, shes at 5 years ago.

JPas914

I wouldn’t try to use a 6x12 enclosed trailer. I used to have one and it was not wide enough to pull the car into. The ramp door on my 6x12 was nowhere near wide enough to fit the car on the trailer with the wheels on. From the ends of the wheel studs to the frame of the ramp, I had about 3/4 of an inch. I would recommend a minimum of 7.5ft wide, my Goblin fits on my new trailer with the wheels installed as shown in the picture.

Attachments

JPas914

The trailer is 7.5ft x 20, 7 ft high inside if i remember correctly. Goblin fits nicely in the rear. It is a quad it the front, a 2016 Can-Am Outlander XT-P.