Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Briann1177 is correct, on our first turbo build we had the MAF too close to the turbo, it took us a lot of researching to figure out why our MAF would not read properly. Adam found some forum post talking about it. As soon as we moved it away from the turbo it fixed our problem.
A question unasked is an opportunity missed to learn...... Thanks guys!

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Moving day. As in from the factory to the house!

Drove up to Red Oak Texas from Houston with my son and Rttoys. Frames #186 and #184.

Adam, Lonnie and his wife were gracious enough to let us hang around for a while, crawl around their finished Goblins, and just shoot the bull.

Let the building begin!!!!

IMG_7620.jpgIMG_7621.jpgIMG_7622.jpgIMG_7623.jpgIMG_7624.jpg

Attachments

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Honestly there may not be a better dedicated goblin track in the country for goblins. It’s the perfect size for our smaller cars. And since there’s no long straight the high HP guys are at a disadvantage cuz we can crush them in the corners. It’s not even close. We should do a Texas Goblins track day event there someday that would be amazing.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Honestly there may not be a better dedicated goblin track in the country for goblins. It’s the perfect size for our smaller cars. And since there’s no long straight the high HP guys are at a disadvantage cuz we can crush them in the corners. It’s not even close. We should do a Texas Goblins track day event there someday that would be amazing.
I agree about the size (L1) of the track. I would like to go back for the next level class and get on the L2 extended portion of the track as well. That drop off would be fun.

My son is worried my Goblin may be quicker than his J-swapped Miata on the track. :)

Justin, I assume you barely hit the brake on the course? Except the turn after the blind corner at the starter's shack.

A Goblin event there would be a blast! I bet Bill H. would enjoy it as well. He is a real character - and done a lot and seen a lot.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I agree about the size (L1) of the track. I would like to go back for the next level class and get on the L2 extended portion of the track as well. That drop off would be fun.

My son is worried my Goblin may be quicker than his J-swapped Miata on the track. :)

Justin, I assume you barely hit the brake on the course? Except the turn after the blind corner at the starter's shack.

A Goblin event there would be a blast! I bet Bill H. would enjoy it as well. He is a real character - and done a lot and seen a lot.
Do you recall what his best lap time was?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
There was no official timing going on, but we did get down to around 40s after we figured things out a little. Not real good. Novices at the wheel. ;)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
A track day would be cool. I’m looking forward to doing once mine is done.

I downloaded a lap timer app on my phone a few years ago for when I do regular track days on my motorcycle. It’s fairly acurate as long as the signal is good.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Fun to be back watching the videos, setting down the I-Pad, and turning a wrench. Got some of the simple stuff done today.

Also, re-installed my intake plenum and valve cover on the engine as well. The air/oil separator still needs one more hose to complete it.

Still have to get the transmission back on. I was one of the "victims" of Lonnie's offer to upgrade to the LSD. I would never live it down if I did a one-wheel burnout around you guys..... The shame!!!!!..... :)

IMG_7627.jpgIMG_7629.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
2009 SS/TC. My brake booster line is a little different than in the video. Mine has a 180 deg. bend on the left end (top in pic). Do I still make the cuts from the right end (bottom in pic) as shown in video #17, 6:00 minutes into it?
IMG_7630.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
ARk:D Can you tell me the length of the first cut from the end of the hose? The hose in the video has an extra bend that mine does not have.
The first piece cut I assume gets used later for (?). I know the second piece 2" long goes on the brake booster.
Thanks!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Not really, tbh. I just forged ahead because I'm one of the "lucky" ones that had to dismantle two donors so I have extras laying around.

Here is what I have:

20200315_141516.jpg

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
OK. Have you connected your clutch master cylinder yet? Is there a good place for that info? The main videos have an automatic. :(

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Not yet, sorry. I stopped in the old video series right where they first start putting the finished harness into the frame. I figured, I need a finished harness before I go any further.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
OK. Have you connected your clutch master cylinder yet? Is there a good place for that info? The main videos have an automatic. :(
For this I think you'll need to check others build posts. I had reviewed posts from JSATX and others for reference.
Here's the link to my post pics to start off with for reference.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Fun to be back watching the videos, setting down the I-Pad, and turning a wrench. Got some of the simple stuff done today.

Also, re-installed my intake plenum and valve cover on the engine as well. The air/oil separator still needs one more hose to complete it.

Still have to get the transmission back on. I was one of the "victims" of Lonnie's offer to upgrade to the LSD. I would never live it down if I did a one-wheel burnout around you guys..... The shame!!!!!..... :)

View attachment 12209View attachment 12210
Interested to see your new oil/air separator system that you decided on.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
So is this the right size tubing for the vacuum to the brake booster??? A hose clamp is going to squeeze it down enough to make an air tight seal? It just does not look right.
Anyone?

IMG_7639.jpg