Jason in Texas - ext. track - 09 SS/TC

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I have the latest version of the brake reservoir remote mount hardware. Does anyone have any pics of it all connected, installed, mounted?
I did not get any hose to run from the reservoir to the master cylinder. Looks like 1/4" rubber hose from the size of the barbs. But not any rubber hose works with brake fluid, correct? The hoses are low pressure? Or vacuum?
Mounting location?

IMG_7640.jpg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
You'll use the same line for the brake reservoir as the brake booster vacuum line. Carefully heat the tubing end and the brass barb end and push on.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
So is this the right size tubing for the vacuum to the brake booster??? A hose clamp is going to squeeze it down enough to make an air tight seal? It just does not look right.
Anyone?

View attachment 12227
Yes. I know, it's quite a size difference. Use an electric drill/driver with a socket on the hose clamp to crank it down. Tight enough so the tubing doesn't slide in or out.

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
I have the latest version of the brake reservoir remote mount hardware. Does anyone have any pics of it all connected, installed, mounted?
I did not get any hose to run from the reservoir to the master cylinder. Looks like 1/4" rubber hose from the size of the barbs. But not any rubber hose works with brake fluid, correct? The hoses are low pressure? Or vacuum?
Mounting location?

View attachment 12228
Has anyone actually used the brass 45 degree fittings in your picture? If so, can you provide pictures of the finished install? I ask myself why would they go with the 45 degree fittings? They actually seem to angle away from both sides of the install. Master cylinder points 45 upwards and the reservoir points 45 downwards. The 90 degree fittings seems like they would work way better.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
So if I'm seeing the new part's correctly, the brake reservoir tank mounting block, the 45's are coming out the side instead of the bottom. Which would make sense, giving the lines a little more room to get around the pedal box and make it's way to the master cylinder.
But at the master cylinder, I would think 90's would be in order to help alleviate entrapment of air in the line.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Has anyone actually used the brass 45 degree fittings in your picture? If so, can you provide pictures of the finished install? I ask myself why would they go with the 45 degree fittings? They actually seem to angle away from both sides of the install. Master cylinder points 45 upwards and the reservoir points 45 downwards. The 90 degree fittings seems like they would work way better.
My kit had 90 degree

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
So if I'm seeing the new part's correctly, the brake reservoir tank mounting block, the 45's are coming out the side instead of the bottom. Which would make sense, giving the lines a little more room to get around the pedal box and make it's way to the master cylinder.
But at the master cylinder, I would think 90's would be in order to help alleviate entrapment of air in the line.
Here's what mine look like, not fully installed, but you can see what I'm describing:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sooooo. I may be the guinea pig here......
Lonnie?????? @Lonnie

No problem. I am pretty sure how it is all connected. Just not sure where the tank is supposed to mount exactly. If nobody comes up with a finished pic, I will post mine tomorrow.

With all the quarantine news floating around, I will be self quarantined in my garage..... :)

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Sooooo. I may be the guinea pig here......
Lonnie?????? @Lonnie

No problem. I am pretty sure how it is all connected. Just not sure where the tan is supposed to mount exactly. If nobody comes up with a finished pic, I will post mine tomorrow.

With all the quarantine news floating around, I will be self quarantined in my garage..... :)
So I could not wait. Here are all the parts mounted as I think Lonnie designed. Minus the plastic hoses to connect the fittings, of course. Waterdriver says the plastic air hose will do the connecting. Since it sounds like such a tight fit, and there were no hose clamps in the hardware kit, I assume that it will just be a friction tight fit.

Comments, anyone? Missed any detail?

Thanks!

Attachments

JERMzSS

Already sold them. :(
Was fairly easy to sell donor parts here in H-Town. Only have a few items left.
I appreciate it. You planning on doing autox or track days? I have family in Houston and I've wanted to bring my car a few times with me but I I get overwhelmed searching. So many options lol.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
That looks correct. Use two lengths of the Nylon tubing we sent with the kit.

Wet the inside of the hose and the brass barbed fitting with brake fluid or a small amount of tire wet.

Push the hose as far as you easily can by hand. While continuing to push, move the hose side to side and and up and down and around and around. No twisting. The object is to slightly flex the hose right at the end of the barb. Take your time and don't get too aggressive.

As the hose flexes the barbs and pushing will keep the hose from retreating, so the opposite side for the hose will be forced farther onto the brass fitting. When you flex the opposite direction the barbs will hold and force the other side farther on. So as you move around and around it will work its way farther on.

You don't need to be super aggressive or you will end up kinking you tubing. The kinks won't hurt anything but they are not necessary.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I appreciate it. You planning on doing autox or track days? I have family in Houston and I've wanted to bring my car a few times with me but I I get overwhelmed searching. So many options lol.
I hope to get on some tracks with my Goblin. As well as autox's. But, just getting it on the road and having fun with it will be the biggest part! :)
I saw a pic of a black Goblin on the south side of town at a meetup. Also, there are two other builders on the north / northwest side of town right now.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
You'll use the same line for the brake reservoir as the brake booster vacuum line. Carefully heat the tubing end and the brass barb end and push on.
Waterdriver: What hose did you use for the clutch master to the relocated brake fluid reservoir? It is larger hose diameter. 5/16" rubber hose looks like it fits well.
@Waterdriver

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Lonny: What hose do I use for the clutch master to the relocated brake fluid reservoir? It is larger hose diameter. 5/16" rubber hose looks like it fits well.
@Lonny

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
We used the original hose from the donor and cut it in half. We extended it using a piece of the black nylon 12. You will need to put clamps on both ends of the extension. We were able to reuse some spring clamps from our donor.

Fuel line clamps will work well also. Don't use the regular hose clamps, they tend to pinch.

ear-750005erl.jpg

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Waterdriver: What hose did you use for the clutch master to the relocated brake fluid reservoir? It is larger hose diameter. 5/16" rubber hose looks like it fits well.
@Waterdriver
I used some of my left over fuel line that I had purchased for the fuel pump to filter and filter to fuel rail. 5/16" fuel injection rated hose.
15844046191085065592897649588311.jpg