Goblin Warning Light Eliminator (Airbag, Seatbelt & Tire Pressure + Bonus Features)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The TPMS feature is exactly what I need. How would one reset the sensor locations without the key fob to put the receiver in learn mode. Can this be implemented in software?

bradr

Missed that one. I'm impressed with the settability of the software you're working. Thanks.
Hah! I just realized that the menu option for the TPMS limit reads "TMPS". If I missed that type for the last 6 months, then I can't blame you for missing a single post!

Nice work!! Are you going to opensource your firmware or may be reverse engineered specs?
Company resources were used in its development so it will not be open source.

The TPMS feature is exactly what I need. How would one reset the sensor locations without the key fob to put the receiver in learn mode. Can this be implemented in software?
That is a good idea that I had not considered. I believe the TECH2 tool offers the ability to initiate the learn routine without the keyfob. Assuming it does, and I find the time to reverse what it is doing, I may implement it in software.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Bradr,

As you may have seen from my build thread, I am having a problem due to needing to replace my TDM. I damaged the ring of wires around my original, though I am sure the circuitry inside the plastic case still works. Since I still have the original damaged one, I was wondering if I could have that connected to the car whenever your solution here is introduced, and avoid going through the pain of taking it to a GM mechanic for the relearn.

Any thoughts on that?

bradr

Bradr,

As you may have seen from my build thread, I am having a problem due to needing to replace my TDM. I damaged the ring of wires around my original, though I am sure the circuitry inside the plastic case still works. Since I still have the original damaged one, I was wondering if I could have that connected to the car whenever your solution here is introduced, and avoid going through the pain of taking it to a GM mechanic for the relearn.

Any thoughts on that?
Does the "damaged" TDM still work (able to turn the ignition on and have the theft light go OFF)? If it still works but is just cosmetically damaged, then you could plug it in long enough for my module to clone the key.

If it does not work, then you will need to get the BCM to relearn the new TDM.

Goblin Guru
Does the "damaged" TDM still work (able to turn the ignition on and have the theft light go OFF)? If it still works but is just cosmetically damaged, then you could plug it in long enough for my module to clone the key.

If it does not work, then you will need to get the BCM to relearn the new TDM.
It definitely does not properly read the key anymore. I was hoping whatever process you use to clone the TDM could just get what it needed from the damaged one. Wishful thinking I guess! Thanks anyway.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Try taking apart the broken one. If you can replace the coil with a new one, but keep the old circuitry, it might work again.

bradr

*** THIS IS NOT YET FOR SALE. LOOKING FOR BETA TESTER(s) - SEE BELOW ***

To firm up and fill in some info you all have been waiting for, I have populated a bunch of info below. All accurate as of --->July 28th 2020<---

Project name:

Up to this point, I really have not had a name for the project. Still not sure what to call it.

Official features:
  • Airbag Bypass: Option to disable airbag light (also disables airbag warning messages in the information center)
  • TPMS Emulation: Option to disable low tire pressure light (also disables low tire pressure warning messages in the information center)
  • TPMS Enhancement: Option to adjust the tire pressure warning threshold to any value between 0 and 40 PSI in one PSI increments
  • Door Switch Output: Option to pulse driver door trigger at ignition off to avoid BCM from staying powered up for 20 minutes.
  • Startup Message: Option to enable a pre-defined (not yet decided) "welcome message" when the vehicle is started in the information center.
  • On screen user menu to enable/disable/adjust features above. Demo HERE.
Unsupported features:
  • PK3+Bypass: Option for key cloning (clone the chip in your key allowing you to use keys without chips or deleting the TDM ring around the key cyl).
Unimplemented feature ideas:
  • Welcome Selection: Ability to select one of a few pre-defined welcome messages.
  • Belt Minder: Some form of a seat belt reminder, possibly with the ability to wire in the stock seat belts.
  • TPMS Learn: Menu option to initiate the TPMS learning procedure without having a stock remote control.
What is included:
  • Digital vehicle interface
  • 3D printed enclosure
  • Vehicle integration harness (24" long, blunt cut ends)
Required Wiring:
  • Power [RED]
  • Ground [Black]
  • GMLAN (Car Side) [Lt. Green]
Optional Wiring:
  • GMLAN (TPMS Side - OPTIONAL) [Lt. Blue]
  • Output 1 (Door Pin - OPTIONAL) [Orange]
Other Info:
  • The firmware is upgradable, but for now, they must be sent back to be upgraded. If a new feature is released or a bug fix is needed, you would need to send the unit back to be loaded with the new firmware release.
  • This is not a "real" product in the sense that it has not, and will not undergo the extensive research, development and testing that a normal product would go through. Keep this in mind and set your expectations accordingly.
  • I’ll do my best to keep these supported, but assume that these are sold as-is with no warranty.
  • Requires the vehicle to be equipped with working Cruise Control to navigate the menu.
Price:
  • $200 USD, economy shipping within the continental USA included.
**I know it is a lot of money. If it makes you feel better, this price will not even come close to recouping the hardware R&D, let alone the software development.**

Availability:
  • Once tested by beta tester or two, I will open these up for purchase. There will be a limited run of these. If you want to be put on the list to reserve one and be notified when they are ready, simply PM me and I will add you to the list.
Tester requirements:
  • Further testing is required before selling these. I am looking for a tester who:
    • Has a completed Goblin
    • Is ACTIVELY driving said Goblin
    • Has the TPMS (RCDLR) module installed
    • Has TPMS sensors installed in the wheels
    • Has the factory remote and knows how to pair the TPMS sensors with the vehicle
    • Can be communicative about testing so I can quickly resolve any issues.
    • Is not afraid of wiring or electrical.
  • Benefits of being a tester:
    • Half cost (fully refundable if you do not wish to keep the item for ANY reason)
    • One off firmware with whatever "Welcome" message you would like (up to about 80 characters).
    • You will instantly become cooler by having one of these in your possession. It will also magically add 100 HP to your Goblin.
If interested in being a tester, please shoot me a PM with name, phone number, vehicle details.

Reserved:
  1. Ark :D
  2. Peregrinus
  3. MisterDave
  4. Desert Sasqwatch
  5. WYGoblin
  6. Lechlis
  7. Torchandregdoc
  8. Todd M
  9. Devonrex
  10. Mayor West
  11. KSLunsfo
  12. Goblin Graber
  13. Brett
Supply dependant:
  1. AZmoto
  2. Sparvy

Last edited:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Brad, just sent a PM, get me on the purchase list please. :) Sorry, can't beta test, not that far into my build. :(

Edit: how much extra for the magical 100HP extra option? ;)

WYGoblin

Brad, I sent you a pm also to get on the list. I can't beta test yet though. I need to wait for the state to get me my state issued 17 digit vin.

Goblin Guru
Brad,

You list "PK3+ Bypass" as an unsupported feature. I take that to mean it's a "use at your own risk" feature, but it works? It's the main reason I am interested in this unit.

Thanks.