Chassis Paint/Powder Coat

DG_Ryan

So I've been planning a build for a few months now, I was on the website a couple months ago pricing things. Now that i'm ready to bite the bullet i noticed there isn't an option for paint or powder coat anymore. Is DF still offering this or am I just crazy?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
uh oh. I have heard from several they were having issues with their present supplier getting them frames done on a regular schedule. If they removed it from the option list, Adam or Lonny will need to jump in here.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
DF GOBLIN
Couldn’t have been making any money on the powder coating if any thing they were losing money.
I was one of the last ones to get powder coated and all the extra packing they had to do on there part took a lot of time
Having to use extra moving blankets and foam on sides and back

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I agree with Charles. DF had to do a lot more steps to facilitate the powder coat process for the buyer.

Hopefully they will have more time to get other great things done! :)

DG_Ryan

I just placed my order! I have some local guys that'll get the powder coating taken car of:). I'm hoping my wife and I can make a weekend getaway to pick up the kit!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I just placed my order! I have some local guys that'll get the powder coating taken car of:). I'm hoping my wife and I can make a weekend getaway to pick up the kit!
Local pickup pays Texas taxes, so be prepped for that. I wish I could have seen the facility but living in SC just made more sense to ship than to travel and drive it home and pay taxes on top of that.

What color are you going with?

DG_Ryan

Local pickup pays Texas taxes, so be prepped for that. I wish I could have seen the facility but living in SC just made more sense to ship than to travel and drive it home and pay taxes on top of that.

What color are you going with?
I have a Grand Cherokee wrapped in perfect satin blue by 3M and absolutely love it. I think I'll try to get as close to that as I can.

As far as shipping I just don't really have anywhere close to me that could unload it for me is my only issue. I'd love to have it shipped, but I'd also like to check out Dallas. Ive never been

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I have a Grand Cherokee wrapped in perfect satin blue by 3M and absolutely love it. I think I'll try to get as close to that as I can.

As far as shipping I just don't really have anywhere close to me that could unload it for me is my only issue. I'd love to have it shipped, but I'd also like to check out Dallas. Ive never been
Ask Adam to quote you with Stewart Transport. I had mine shipped with Stewart (they do Factory 5 kits) and they delivered to my door and unloaded it for me, their truck has a crane on it. The driver was a huge ******* and extremely rude to me, but it only cost 700$ (I joined 5 other kits to lower the lost, but it was cheaper than driving out and paying tax)

DG_Ryan

Ask Adam to quote you with Stewart Transport. I had mine shipped with Stewart (they do Factory 5 kits) and they delivered to my door and unloaded it for me, their truck has a crane on it. The driver was a huge ******* and extremely rude to me, but it only cost 700$ (I joined 5 other kits to lower the lost, but it was cheaper than driving out and paying tax)
Thanks guys, I'll be looking into it for sure.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

I had mine wrapped here in Florida never dealt with wrap before, I like it

Attachments

Fozda

Goblin Guru
How far of a drive is it for you? We flew down from Wisconsin, bought a truck, loaded it up, and drove home through the night. That was a LONG day!