Desert Sasqwatch #155 Track (mods) - 08 SS/TC crate LNF F40

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Snowbirds - they arrive every year sometime before Thanksgiving like clockwork and fly away again in April. They typically sport a snowy or silvery plume on the top of their heads and black socks with sandals on their feet. During their stay they clog the streets driving 15mph under the speed limit - usually with a blinker on even though there is no intention of turning - and flock to the Olive Garden and Dennys at 4:00 for dinner. They are easy to spot with license plates from Minnesota, the Dakotas, Montana, Idaho, Washington, and all the Provinces north of the border, eh. Don't see many this time of the year, as they would likely perish within hours under the summertime desert sun. :p:D:cool:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Call me crazy, but I'm kicking around the idea of going a different route with my wheels and tires. The first few posts in my build log has photos and info about the ones I purchased already. The white VORS rims I think look great and will match up with my planned paint scheme, but are too 'modern' for the look I'm after. I need some more chrome. :p

I have not mounted the tires to the wheels, which are kept under a dark blanket out of the light and the rims are still in original boxes. Shipping all of this would cost a fortune, so I'm hoping that someone 'local' to Arizona - maybe thinking about building a Goblin - would be interested in buying them? I'm not looking to make money on this, but also not looking to lose the shirt off my back either. I have all the original recipients. PM me if interested.

I also have brand new bearing hubs - 5X110 - that can go with the rims/tires if the person purchasing them wants the full set. The different rims I'm looking at come in 5X4.5 (5X114.3) bolt circle and larger so I will need to do something different for these. I'm not looking to sell these separately at this time, so please don't ask.

BTW, I purposely didn't put this in the classified section because this is not a sure thing, need to see who may be interested. :)

My wife is going to kill me. o_O:eek:

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Call me crazy, but I'm kicking around the idea of going a different route with my wheels and tires. The first few posts in my build log has photos and info about them. The white VORS rims I think look great and will match up with my planned paint scheme, but are too 'modern' for the look I'm after. I need some more chrome. :p

I have not mounted the tires to the wheels, which are kept under a dark blanket out of the light and the rims are still in original boxes. Shipping all of this would cost a fortune, so I'm hoping that someone 'local' to Arizona - maybe thinking about building a Goblin - would be interested in buying them? I'm not looking to make money on this, but also not looking to lose the shirt off my back either. I have all the original recipients. PM me if interested.

I also have brand new bearing hubs - 5X110 - that can go with the rims/tires if the person purchasing them wants the full set. I'm not looking to sell these separately at this time, so please don't ask.

BTW, I purposely didn't put this in the classified section because this is not a sure thing, need to see who may be interested. :)

"I need some more chrome"
Surely the wife has heard that in the past? It should work again.......
You have been doing everything first class on your build. I bet someone will jump on your offer. :)

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Meh. More of a Harley saying, when they don’t want to fix things like tires or brakes, but add tons of chrome just to look better.

not saying you are doing that, its just a saying whenever I hear the word chrome.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Never heard that before, but I'm not a Harley guy. :) I'm after an old school look that will have a ton of chrome parts. I grew up with cars from the 50s and 60s that nice chrome was important to have. I think the Goblin profile is reminiscent of a an early 30s Ford roadster - I know it's somewhat of a stretch - that has been shaved, chopped, and channeled (old hot rodder terms) to run on the salt flats. Hopefully I can get there with my plan and maybe someone on the forum will see it too once it's finished. :cool:

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Call me crazy, but I'm kicking around the idea of going a different route with my wheels and tires. The first few posts in my build log has photos and info about the ones I purchased already. The white VORS rims I think look great and will match up with my planned paint scheme, but are too 'modern' for the look I'm after. I need some more chrome. :p

I also have brand new bearing hubs - 5X110 - that can go with the rims/tires if the person purchasing them wants the full set. The different rims I'm looking at come in 5X4.5 (5X114.3) bolt circle and larger so I will need to do something different for these. I'm not looking to sell these separately at this time, so please don't ask.

BTW, in case anyone needs to ask: fronts are 17X8 35mm offset with 225/45-17s and rears are 17X9 30mm offset with 255/40-17s. These should fit correctly to the Cobalt hubs without the need for spacers.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Weird that the original post is missing.
It is easy to copy & paste. Here is Desert Sasqwatch contest rules:

So I've been formulating the weight loss contest and have come up with 3 parts for it that correct guesses will earn points towards winning a prize. :cool:

Part 1 - for the visually enhanced (there are many who don't miss a things in photos) to point out all of the weight gain and weight loss 'easter eggs' that I've worked into my frame. There will be plenty of photos to review. 1 point per weight gain item, 2 points per weight loss item.

Part 2 - guess how many times Racer X put a weight loss 'easter egg' into the diet weight loss items - better understanding of this after the below bonus question is answered. Closest to actual number wins 10 points.

Part 3 - guess the total net weight gain/loss to the frame - gains/reductions = net. I have been keeping track of the weight of all items added to the frame and also weighing the weight reduction 'fat' that Racer X has been removing. Closest answer to the actual net weight number wins 10 points.
A bonus question for someone to guess what it is that Racer X has been doing in my garage to effect all of this weight loss (to my weight additions). This 'old school' method is being employed and is done in the spirit of the late Colin Chapman "lighter is faster". Hint: Krusty has the right idea, not the best method. If you have seen this episode you will have the right answer. Correct term gets 5 points.
No takers in the contest yet? :rolleyes: I'm getting ready to give up the answer for the bonus question if no one cares to take a guess what Krusty is doing here? It's all about speed!

Attachments

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
No takers in the contest yet? :rolleyes: I'm getting ready to give up the answer for the bonus question if no one cares to take a guess what Krusty is doing here? It's all about speed!
There are several things that come to mind. Krusty is either removing material, Cozad style for the weight reduction, reducing air pressure on the front of the car by creating relief ports for better airflow, has watched to much "Road Kill" and need a reason to remove the hood, or... he's just a clown and wanted to tear something up.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Speed holes, and IIRC, that's Homer when he was in or had recently graduated from Krusty's clown college

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Speed holes are happening all over, Racer X has been working overtime - when it not hot as hades in the garage - to make sure my frame doesn't get too porky. :oops: Next up in the contest is to guess how much weight was removed from my frame versus how much weight was added. I will post some photos this weekend. Here is a sneak peek.

Attachments