Transmission drain plug washer

ToxicBill

I was getting ready to refill my transmission fluid and the washer on the drain plug is shot and the fill plug doesn't even have a washer on it. I couldn't find one that truly fit so I ended up boring out a copper washer which I haven't put on yet.

Anyone else have any experience or thoughts on the transmission drain plug washer?

Ross

Goblin Guru
That copper washer will work well.

I bought an assortment box of crush washers off of Ebay in order to shim & clock my wideband O2 sensor in the exhaust. I use them for drain plugs too. Mine were copper coated aluminum crush washers.

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
I was getting ready to refill my transmission fluid and the washer on the drain plug is shot and the fill plug doesn't even have a washer on it. I couldn't find one that truly fit so I ended up boring out a copper washer which I haven't put on yet.

Anyone else have any experience or thoughts on the transmission drain plug washer?
definitely get all that resolved before mounting the engine. After mounted, the transmission plugs are VERY close to the subframe.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
The copper washer will work fine. I have various copper/brass washers just for that. If it leaks a tad, put a dab of non-hardening (anaerobic) sealer around it.

This will not harden and mess up anything inside the trans.