South Texas Goblin build

Ross

Goblin Guru
My 2006 donor didn't have that. Not sure what year you are working with, but it must be later than mine.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
That is your battery ground cable. It will attach to your negative battery post on one end and the other end will attach to the bolt welded to the side of your battery box.
The current sensor will need to be able to reach the battery ground cable.
It will need to be ran out of the front of the tunnel along with your horn, headlamps, radiator fan and fifty amp battery wire.

dvldawg

That is your battery ground cable. It will attach to your negative battery post on one end and the other end will attach to the bolt welded to the side of your battery box.
The current sensor will need to be able to reach the battery ground cable.
It will need to be ran out of the front of the tunnel along with your horn, headlamps, radiator fan and fifty amp battery wire.
Perfect, thanks

dvldawg

Well things got a little slower, with work and honey do’s, Good news is, this past Saturday, the wife and I picked up chassis #224 and a few minutes ago we had a complete wiring harness finished. Will try to get some photos up soon. Next on the agenda is to get the chassis coated, kinda up in the air between powder and bedliner. Thoughts?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Powder coating is easier - unless you're doing it ;) - but the bedliner is likely tougher against damage, plus it is far easier to rework if needed. Depends upon the finish you want, shiny and bright or matte and rugged. :D

dvldawg

Powder coating is easier - unless you're doing it ;) - but the bedliner is likely tougher against damage, plus it is far easier to rework if needed. Depends upon the finish you want, shiny and bright or matte and rugged. :D
Yeah, these are the questions I have been wrestling with. I’m seriously thinking about going with Raptor tintable coating. They have a nice silver grey color. Planning to paint the body panels lime green. With an off center racing stripe in white.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have never been a fan of bedliner on anything but the inside of the bed.

saw you are in bay city. I’m assuming y’all are ok with the storm coming in? And if you need anything give me/us locals a shout. We can be helpful. Hell we can drive down to you (once the flooding goes away) and harass you.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I sprayed raptor liner and loved it. Respirator required as the stuff is quite harsh but it's easy to spray and have great results. Pics in my build

dvldawg

I sprayed raptor liner and loved it. Respirator required as the stuff is quite harsh but it's easy to spray and have great results. Pics in my build
Just checked out your build, excellent job. I do believe that I am going with the Raptor liner on my frame parts and pieces. Only I’m going to spray my chassis a silver grey.

dvldawg

I have never been a fan of bedliner on anything but the inside of the bed.

saw you are in bay city. I’m assuming y’all are ok with the storm coming in? And if you need anything give me/us locals a shout. We can be helpful. Hell we can drive down to you (once the flooding goes away) and harass you.
Just another rainy day on the coast. Got some wind nothing over 23mph... I think. Luckily we had no flooding here. Feel free to drive down. Could always use a little harassment. At least from someone other than the wife. Ha.

dvldawg

Well it’s been a few days, made some slow progress. Have been cleaning and priming some metal parts that will be coated,

Got up this morning and decided that to make the Raptor coating on the chassis go easier. I’d build a rotisserie for the chassis. It will also allow me to coat my other pieces. I’ll hang the other parts once the chassis is complete and on stands.
8078E28F-7BE4-4529-9A41-AE3FFBEE9B1C.jpeg
image.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Nice rotisserie. I was thinking of making one out of steel tubing, but if it gets only one use it seemed like a lot of money. The wood frame is a great idea and could be 'recycled' into any number of things later. Could you post some additional photos and overall dimensions? Thanks! :D

dvldawg

Nice rotisserie. I was thinking of making one out of steel tubing, but if it gets only one use it seemed like a lot of money. The wood frame is a great idea and could be 'recycled' into any number of things later. Could you post some additional photos and overall dimensions? Thanks! :D
Pretty simple build. Used four 2x4x8 for legs, one sawhorse kit, and a 2x6x12. Some scrap wood to shore everything up steady. Used a pipe flange with a 1 1/4” x 12” nipple.
4D54938B-1E7F-44CC-8D90-DD73D59A8081.jpeg
8768ACE1-ECED-416A-BC82-B355D89B4241.jpeg
61ED4847-947E-4F39-975D-A204286EDD09.jpeg