Bill's Street/Track Goblin - 2007 SS/SC - Chassis #204

ToxicBill

After not being able to find a suitable solution for a wheel hub dust cover for my front hubs, I decided to fashion my own. It's amazing what you can do with a 12oz red bull can and some aluminum tape. I plan on using some silicone or adhesive to secure it in place.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to tell me there's a better way (that doesn't involve spending money on new hubs).

Edit:. Just had to share - my wife referred to it as
"junkyard engineering" which is very accurate. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
After not being able to find a suitable solution for a wheel hub dust cover for my front hubs, I decided to fashion my own. It's amazing what you can do with a 12oz red bull can and some aluminum tape. I plan on using some silicone or adhesive to secure it in place.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to tell me there's a better way (that doesn't involve spending money on new hubs).

Edit:. Just had to share - my wife referred to it as
"junkyard engineering" which is very accurate. :)
if it only had the Red Bull logo on it!!!!!........ ;)

CaptFrank2001

Goblin Guru
How big is that hole? Don't have my kit yet so can't measure. I'm guessing 2-3/4 inches. Look on Ebay for freeze plugs, pipe end caps, plastic hole plug, welding pipe end cap etc... Lots of choices in many different sizes. Good luck. Also a lot of wheel rim center caps are available in different sizes. First one is 2-5/8" from Ebay. Second one is 2.34" from a Cobalt rim.

Attachments

Last edited:

ToxicBill

Quick update:

I got the brake reservoir installed and connected. The brakes and rotors are installed on the front. Steering column is mostly installed.

It's coming together!! I took some time to clean up the garage to get our cars inside before the storm hits and was surprised that most of my boxes of DF stuff are gone.

Attachments

ToxicBill

Ok, what an I missing here? I was installing the gear shifter and I don't appear to have the hardware that connects the pushrods to the shifter. Help anyone?

EDIT: by hardware, I mean the black plastic pieces in the attached picture

Attachments

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
Ok, what an I missing here? I was installing the gear shifter and I don't appear to have the hardware that connects the pushrods to the shifter. Help anyone?

EDIT: by hardware, I mean the black plastic pieces in the attached picture
They are your stock shifter pieces from your donor.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I believe they had a cover over them, you had to take apart the Cobalt connector, to find those black pieces on the inside.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I'm having trouble finding an OEM pair, but there are after-market ones that are stronger than the flimsy plastic OEM ones. A nice upgrade. They're sort of pricey though and don't seem to come as a pair, and I'm not certain the DF-supplied rods fit them without adapting them somehow. @Mayor West and others on here could tell you more.