Introduction Post

astilly611

Long time lurker first time poster. A little background on me. My first car was a 1999 Cavalier that has been extensively modified (custom turbo setup, rear disk swap, body kit, ECT.). I still own that car and has become more of a toy now. Started looking into kit cars with the Factory Five 818, then the Exocent and have settled on the Goblin. Since I'm a Chevy guy and have experience with Cavaliers it was a no brainier for me.

Just picked up a 2007 SS 2.4 N/A last week as a new daily driver. Since I'm in the process of trying to build my first house, I'll drive her for a few years before I start my build. My plan was to keep it completely stock but I know that won't happen. So I've decided on only doing mods that I can transfer to the Goblin!
IMG_20201121_152711120.jpg
IMG_20201121_152746435.jpg
IMG_20201121_152800198_HDR.jpg
IMG_20201121_152724565.jpg

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located. Let us know so the local Goblin owners can correspond with you and get you into one for ride.

Nice SS NA, is it a manual or auto? Can understand the need to take things in steps and get things prepared before committing to the kit purchase.

astilly611

I'd love to check out a Goblin in person if anyone in NC wants to volunteer. I'm near Hickory, NC. Yeah 2.4 auto. Plan is to manual swap when it goes into a Goblin. I had a Saab 9-3 before and sold it. The 2.0 is gutless off boost so I wanted the 2.4.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
@KSLunsfo may be your closest goblin, but he's still building his.

@OptimizePrime is in Charlotte and goes to local car shows with his almost every weekend. I'm in Lake Wylie SC just south of Charlotte and am working on registering mine. @Justinreed7 is in Spartanburg, SC with almost 600hp, @Rauq is in Greenville, SC still building, and @Kenny123 is in Charleston, SC just finished his. There may be a few more but those are the ones I remember.

Welcome!

astilly611

I know there is one guy in Lincolnton, NC that is selling his on Facebook Marketplace. I contacted him to see if I could get a ride but he seems busy. It's a green frame with a grey camo wrap.

I'd love to take a ride with @Justinreed7. I've seen his car all over YouTube and it looks like a blast. I need to ride in a turbo and SC car so I can finally decide which route I want to take.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
I know there is one guy in Lincolnton, NC that is selling his on Facebook Marketplace. I contacted him to see if I could get a ride but he seems busy. It's a green frame with a grey camo wrap.

I'd love to take a ride with @Justinreed7. I've seen his car all over YouTube and it looks like a blast. I need to ride in a turbo and SC car so I can finally decide which route I want to take.
You're referring to the member Batlwagn. I have the LNF and if I were to do it again I'd go SC and big turbo it mainly because there's significant cost savings with that route (mainly DF kit costs and the donor cost). Welcome!