How fast is it?

Christopher Sanchez

Any 1/4 mile calculator will give results of about 10.5-10.6 seconds at 126-128 mph for a 1600 lb 260 hp Goblin - if it hooks up. There are very few cars that make those times/speeds that are driven daily, so the correct answer 98.75% of the time is 'quicker than your [Mustang, Camero, Challenger, rice burner, etc.] and it can eat your lunch if you want to add some turns'. :cool:
My car seemed to hit an invisible brick wall at the drag strip in 3rd gear maybe a combination of aerodynamic drag and my insanely high IATs150-160s! on a 85 degree night pretty sure the car was pulling power to save the engine. only trapped 110 ish Unsure if the S/C guys have as much heat to deal with as far as IATs go. Recently installed a spal fan on the heat exhanger and re routed the cold air to grab cooler air. 12.4 is quick but is no hellcat. Im pretty sure ive seen NA goblins better this time. Long story short, street light to street light the goblin is quicker than most things on the road. However in a highway roll race setting there are a few things to sort out in my opinion. This is referring to a "stock" configured T/C goblin without the ducting.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Chris, you live in the desert and the stock DF heat exchanger is far undersized for my liking. The stock heat exchanger is also located in a bad spot for air flow through the cooling fins picking up heat from the radiator air flow, so it's not surprising your IATs are high. This is the reason I opted to go with the super-sized intercooler and dual heat exchangers that will be side mounted. Water spray on the heat exchangers with cooling fans will pull the heat out of the IATs. ;) And possibly the Snow Performance water meth 2.5 system.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
The Goblin is nowhere near as aerodynamic as a conventional car.
So if it takes 90 HP to hold a Goblin at 100 mph it probably only takes 80 to hold a hellcat at 100 mph. (not actual numbers)

When they are both at 100 the 260 hp Goblin only has 170 extra hp for acceleration whereas the Hellcat (797 hp) has 717 extra hp for acceleration.

The Goblin does well when you remove aero from the equation (red light to red light under 80 mph).

I think Justin Reed has over 500 hp and runs mid-10s in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited:

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I went to an “exotic” coffee and cars yesterday. I was surrounded by a ton of cars that had more money in wheels and tires, than I had in my whole build. :eek: Boy did I get this question a 1000 times. o_O No good comeback other than a few guys that were really digging the goblin and you could tell we’re really “car guys”. My answer of 250hp at 1500#, was understood. :cool:

Chubbs

My answer is usually "it's as fast as I can shift".

With relatively short gears and the power to weight ratio, I'm always amazed at how much time I spend shifting vs accelerating. With a PDK, I bet my 0-60 would be cut in half. The car i'm sure is capable of doing it in less than 3 seconds, but I don't know if the driver is.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
My answer is usually "it's as fast as I can shift".

With relatively short gears and the power to weight ratio, I'm always amazed at how much time I spend shifting vs accelerating. With a PDK, I bet my 0-60 would be cut in half. The car i'm sure is capable of doing it in less than 3 seconds, but I don't know if the driver is.
Wonder if a DQ250 could be fitted? It's good for 400Nm, same as a F40 transmission. I'm sure the mounts are completely different and adapting to an Ecotec would likely be difficult. Would be better off using an EA888, which can easily put out 350hp with (mostly) stock internals. Curious if DF has looked into the VAG fwd platform as an alternative to the Cobalt/HHR platform?

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Had a lot of sport bikes challenging me to races, all of a sudden. The car is fast, but it's not crotchrocket-fast.

Spring is in the air, I suppose.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Had a lot of sport bikes challenging me to races, all of a sudden. The car is fast, but it's not crotchrocket-fast.

Spring is in the air, I suppose.
All depends on how you are racing. Dead stop street race you have a good change due to how hard it is to launch a sportbike (minus the bikes with launch control and wheelie control). Roll on from 20 or so and you’ll have problems. High speed and they will roll you, because aerodynamics and such.

track lap times, is a different animal. Everything Will completely depend on the driver/rider.

I have 2 bikes that can get over 150. One gets a little sketchy up at those speeds, the other one is no worries.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
All depends on how you are racing. Dead stop street race you have a good change due to how hard it is to launch a sportbike (minus the bikes with launch control and wheelie control). Roll on from 20 or so and you’ll have problems. High speed and they will roll you, because aerodynamics and such.

track lap times, is a different animal. Everything Will completely depend on the driver/rider.

I have 2 bikes that can get over 150. One gets a little sketchy up at those speeds, the other one is no worries.
Too much for me!!! I won't be the next guy with a wrecked Goblin!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Too much for me!!! I won't be the next guy with a wrecked Goblin!
I’m pretty tame on the streets. Other than some short blips, if you Wanna race, I’ll see you at the track. :cool:

I am curious to see what it’ll do at one of the tracks I frequent on my motorcycle. I would think I would be just about the same times in the goblin as on my Ninja 300 I race.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
On the topic of wrecked Goblins, do we know who's crashed on I-10 in Houston the other day? I seem to remember seeing a post in one of the Facebook groups about it
Still a mystery to us. We did a local roll call when we heard the news Sunday. All of us in the area have each other’s number, or at least we thought so. Might have been an out of town’er in for the tx2k or whatever that was called.