Aftermarket solid shifter?

SACTX

Better pictures of it actually mounted to the car. My hardware from McMaster Looks like it will work. I went in a little bit different direction then @Fozda. We will have a couple options of hardware set ups.

It really does look sick. A major improvement in looks and quality over the stock shifter.

Attachments

gofast

I have the RSX shifter too. If you are in 2nd gear, the shifter stays in 2nd. If you push the shifter up halfway to 1st gear, then the spring will move the shifter right, stopping in the middle (below 3rd, above 4th). The spring is only able to move the shifter when it is the halfway position.
Ross, This information was helpful. My donor is in pieces, so I was able to operate the shifter arms on the transmission by hand. When the shifter lever is full forward or full back, that corresponding lever on the transmission locks the other lever (sideways motion on shifter) in place. I get full movement of the lever on the transmission (front to back on shifter) until I get to 5th-reverse. It travels all the way into reverse, but barely moves to reach 5th. Is that normal?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Probably normal.
21 minutes into the RSX shifter video you can see the billet shifter moving, and then the F35 transmission levers moving.
Also the first 5 seconds of the video, when it was still on the Cobalt shifter.

Sparvy

Yes, let’s start a list. I don’t think we are to a point to start a group buy thread but I can keep a running post for people who are interested.

1. Me
2. @Peregrinus
3. @Fozda
4. @Towerdog
5. @OptimizePrime
6. @TheNuker ?
7. @Ark :D
8. @Lechlis ?
9. @WYGoblin
10. @comegetjoe
11. @Vwsaabvt
12. @Lokian
13. @Waterdriver
14. @JERMzSS
15. @AZmoto
16. @Lando217
17. @ATMironov
18. @Gtstorey
19. @JBuild
20. @PaulPerger

Everyone else, reply or send me a private message to let me know. I will put you down on this list. Once I get an idea of actual cost I will start a separate group buy thread where we can confirm actual orders. This is just for interest and to try and get multiple done at one time to lower cost.
I'm interested as well if you end up making these.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Ordered Accord/TSX shifter from the Ebay linked last night. If the group buy doesn't happen, I'll fab on from 1/8 steel plate on legs ort spacers. Still in the kit assembly stage now, but hope to have a roller this weekend.

SACTX

The threaded end for the shift knob is an M10x1.5 thread. I'll be installing everything today and trying it out tomorrow or Saturday.

ATMironov

Ordered Accord/TSX shifter from the Ebay linked last night. If the group buy doesn't happen, I'll fab on from 1/8 steel plate on legs ort spacers. Still in the kit assembly stage now, but hope to have a roller this weekend.
I ordered the shifter as well..
I figure adaptor plate or not, the shifter is going in either way.

SACTX

I ordered the shifter as well..
I figure adaptor plate or not, the shifter is going in either way.
Don't worry about it too much. I can cut them out of MEDEX or the new exterior grade MDF if needed. The one I have mounted now is very stiff and doesn't move. :D

Paint it black and no one will know any better...

ATMironov

Brett

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Last edited:

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
From the ebay seller

Product price :90$/unit
shipping cost by UPS form China :300$
total:1650$ for 15pcs
about 110$/unit
If you don’t buy via eBay, can do 80$/unit

so $100 per piece than add shipping again to everyone I'd assume 15-20 more for shipping.
I like you guys but that seems like a lot of legwork for a $10 savings per person over the ebay acceptance price.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Not that I think I've got any better shot than you do but I work with a lot of Chinese folks for a Chinese company, let me see if they have any mythical insight into the magical world of Chinese commerce.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
From the ebay seller

Product price :90$/unit
shipping cost by UPS form China :300$
total:1650$ for 15pcs
about 110$/unit
If you don’t buy via eBay, can do 80$/unit

so $100 per piece than add shipping again to everyone I'd assume 15-20 more for shipping.
I like you guys but that seems like a lot of legwork for a $10 savings per person over the ebay acceptance price.
Yeah and a lot of upfront cost that would be a risk. And you need to charge at least a little more than the cost just to ensure you don't lose money (to cover any body that flakes on payment, damaged/lost items). I've tried doing stuff like this to help a forum before and many expect the same service as a normal retail outlet. Now I'll put time in, but I won't put much money in. This forum being a small group, it likely won't be as bad, but still a pain for a minimal savings. The base plates might be a little different since there isn't another source.