We made it on Donut media!

jamesm

Goblin Guru
The common (wikipedia) definition of a super car is: "A supercar – also called exotic car – is a loosely defined description of street-legal, high-performance luxury sports car."

Luxury is a state of great comfort. Given that a Goblin lacks almost all the basic creature comforts of even the most basic production car, I would not consider them supercars.

Having said that, Goblins are fast, maneuverable, and turn just as many heads as a supercar.

Kenny123

The common (wikipedia) definition of a super car is: "A supercar – also called exotic car – is a loosely defined description of street-legal, high-performance luxury sports car."

Luxury is a state of great comfort. Given that a Goblin lacks almost all the basic creature comforts of even the most basic production car, I would not consider them supercars.

Having said that, Goblins are fast, maneuverable, and turn just as many heads as a supercar.
Couldn't agree more man. I have had a driver of a McLaren 720 and a driver of a ferrari 488 stop to talk about it hah. Was pretty sweet.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
While I'm excited to see additional public coverage about Goblins, I have to say, I'm not a fan of these guys (well... that whole presentation style...)

Don't get me wrong, I love that those videos bring awesome new folks to the community, I just can't watch them.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I agree, painful to watch.
Free advertising, but comes across with a lot of fluff trying to be 'cool/hip/phat' (whatever this kind of blogger stuff is called now) to be very knowledgeable of the Goblin. Can I assume he has not ridden in a Goblin, since I believe a ride in a warmed up TC would likely cause him to have much more to say - IMO.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Jesus... sorry I posted haha thought we all enjoyed car stuff and didnt realize so much hate was out there.
The first time I saw Donut, I found him too over the top, but now I know he is just full of BS, I can sit back and enjoy his content. Glad the Goblin made the list. I did have to laugh at the Exocet when he said it can be built in 100 hours.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Bottom line, he has almost 5 million subscribers! That is a heckuva lot of advertising in one shot! DF had it figured out a long time ago, some of the best advertising now a days is on social media and especially YouTube when you have a target audience. And the best part, much of it was free advertising.

The con to this all is that one day these things might be common as Dodge Charger.

Kenny123

Free advertising, but comes across with a lot of fluff trying to be 'cool/hip/phat' (whatever this kind of blogger stuff is called now) to be very knowledgeable of the Goblin. Can I assume he has not ridden in a Goblin, since I believe a ride in a warmed up TC would likely cause him to have much more to say - IMO.
It's not your business...... I'm sure thw guys who own the business are pretty happy with any publicity.....

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
It's not your business...... I'm sure thw guys who own the business are pretty happy with any publicity.....
I clearly stated FREE ADVERTISING. The rest is my opinion, also clearly stated, which asks if he has ridden in a Goblin - don't know why this has got you wound up?

Kenny123

I clearly stated FREE ADVERTISING. The rest is my opinion, also clearly stated, which asks if he has ridden in a Goblin - don't know why this has got you wound up?
That's not me wound up at all. Just seems odd that the car being shown as "cool, hip or haha Phat" would bother anyone when the car is pretty cool.... it's good for business and exciting for those of us who DO enjoy donut and have built a Goblin.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you read it correctly my comment was about Donuts, not the Goblin. It is good for the Goblin to get exposure, which I stated, but I was not too keen about the way it was done. From my viewpoint, his apparent knowledge of the Goblin comes from seeing videos and going to the DF Kitcar website. Which is okay, but the blipvert he gave didn't do it justice. THIS IS MY OPINION AND YOU HAVE YOURS. And congratulations on building your Goblin the way you wanted to, I'm building mine the way I want to. That means putting some engineering into it to try different things rather than just putting my kit together - the build is just as enjoyable as the driving (and doing donuts) will be.
Enjoy your day. :)

Kenny123

If you read it correctly my comment was about Donuts, not the Goblin. It is good for the Goblin to get exposure, which I stated, but I was not too keen about the way it was done. From my viewpoint, his apparent knowledge of the Goblin comes from seeing videos and going to the DF Kitcar website. Which is okay, but the blipvert he gave didn't do it justice. THIS IS MY OPINION AND YOU HAVE YOURS. And congratulations on building your Goblin the way you wanted to, I'm building mine the way I want to. That means putting some engineering into it to try different things rather than just putting my kit together - the build is just as enjoyable as the driving (and doing donuts) will be.
Enjoy your day. :)
No no no. Im coming off wrong for some reason. Maybe it's this "through text" issue. I'm not digging on you at all and certainly not about how you are building you car man. This whole thing was clearly a misunderstanding. I hope you have a great day as well. I hope you believe me when I say I had no intentions to disrespect you or make you feel attacked however I see how you may have felt that way. For that I do apologize brother.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Kenny, yes I agree that text messages are a poor format for communicating thoughts and ideas, since they do come through as misinterpreted sometimes. I'm at fault for not being as clear about this as I should have been, words can fail us. I know we are both passionate about our projects and have a lot to be thankful for that we can build a Goblin, have a great company supporting us, and people to work with and depend upon.
Keep the faith and see you on the forum. :D