The RPM Act (Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act)

Gary A.

Crudely put, the EPA says that you can't put a turbo on your race car. If you want more info there are a lot of channels on youtube discussing it, just search "rpm act"

Link to SEMA.com (this is where you can sign it):

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Crudely put, the EPA says that you can't put a turbo on your race car. If you want more info there are a lot of channels on youtube discussing it, just search "rpm act"

Link to SEMA.com (this is where you can sign it):
This link directs you to SEMA, but their link to direct to notifying the politicians it has been hacked and pop ups and spam come up. Are there any other options?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Works for me. I'm running an ad blocker so maybe that's stopping some of it.

View attachment 21840
EVERYONE NEEDS TO GO OUT TO THIS SITE AND GET YOUR VOICE HEARD BY CONTACTING YOUR LEGISLATORS. DO IT NOW, OTHERWISE WE ARE IN SERIOUS JEOPARDY OF LOSING ALL RIGHTS TO BUILD A CAR AND EVEN LESS CHANCE OF REGISTERING IT FOR STREET USE. THIS IS SERIOUS.

I CONTACTED MY LEGISLATORS AND GOT ANSWERED BACK WITH A LOAD OF EPA REGULATIONS AND TREE HUGGING CLIMATE CHANGE DOUBLE TALK. THE GREEN NEW DEAL PANDERERS ARE IN CHARGE AND THERE WILL BE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES UNLESS WE ALL SPEAK UP - AND LOUDLY.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I CONTACTED MY LEGISLATORS AND GOT ANSWERED BACK WITH A LOAD OF EPA REGULATIONS AND TREE HUGGING CLIMATE CHANGE DOUBLE TALK. THE GREEN NEW DEAL PANDERERS ARE IN CHARGE AND THERE WILL BE NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES UNLESS WE ALL SPEAK UP - AND LOUDLY.
Sounds like your legislator is part of the problem.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
That's what happens when the wrong color (edit: red versus blue) of politician is elected by nefarious means. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop contacting them with my important issues and be the squeaky wheel (pun intended).

Has anyone else heard back from their legislators?

Last edited:

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
That's what happens when the wrong color of politician is elected by nefarious means. Doesn't mean I'm going to stop contacting them with my important issues and be the squeaky wheel (pun intended).

Has anyone else heard back from their legislators?
I’m all for stopping this. I come here for like minded people and enjoy everyone. However I don’t this this is the place to post your own political views.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Have you contacted your legislators? Did you get a response? Until you can provide that information I will not debate the political climate we are currently within. The facts are clear and in case you haven't taken noticed the climate change pushers WILL do anything to kill legislation that does not align with their ideals - especially those carbon spewing hot rods!

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I believe Sms' point is that he doesn't want to debate the political climate at all, because this isn't the place.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I’m all for stopping this. I come here for like minded people and enjoy everyone. However I don’t this this is the place to post your own political views.
I also don't want to make this red vs blue, this site is much better than dealing with that stuff. BUT this is where you need to work with your elected officials, no matter what the affiliation. Remember, they work for you. I was president of my hoa for many years and had to work with my city and state reps to get what I/we wanted. It didn’t matter what party they belong to, they were the ones I had to deal with to get what I/we wanted. This is where you need to contact your rep and plead your case. It may work, it may not, but your opinion is out there and you might make a change.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I believe Sms' point is that he doesn't want to debate the political climate at all, because this isn't the place.
Ark you are correct. And DS I have. I see no need as to why I need to provide you with that information. We can all agree this is carp about the epa. Can we leave it at that and try to save our cars and leave other forums to discuss the politics behind it.

WYGoblin

Regardless of political views this is bad for the motorsports industry. I agree with not bringing political debates here but as this affects us it is something that people need to look at and decide on their own. I would not have known about it unless Kyle on goat rope garage didn't bring it up. He does not do politics either but thought it was important to bring it up.