CodyP's Extended Track Goblin - 06' SS/SC #296

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I'm glad y'all had good luck with FB. I had tons of interest when I posted donor parts there but nobody wanted to actually buy stuff, they just asked questions and wandered off...

CodyP

I'm glad y'all had good luck with FB. I had tons of interest when I posted donor parts there but nobody wanted to actually buy stuff, they just asked questions and wandered off...
So far lots of minnows and a few good biters!

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I didn’t have much luck, but I didn’t try hard either. All the CL jackholes “what’s you bottom dollar” has put me off on selling just about anything. I just keep it or trash it now.

CodyP

9 more weeks to my estimated kit completion date! Finally finished pulling off the remaining pieces from the unibody then got it cut into 4 pieces. If you cut yours up with a reciprocating saw I recommend the Milwaukee torch blades. They rip through the sheet metal and cross members like butter. Think I ended up using 5 blades total. Now to get the scraps hauled off to the junkyard.
CC8F2011-7C7C-46BD-B612-32F7D1F9489E.jpeg
564DC3BE-8879-4572-8AD7-6AE1EF630462.jpeg

CodyP

The guy who was going to buy the driver door, sub, and wheels had some issues and backed out. Sold a few more items the past few days.

-Passenger door panel $150
-dash piece dimmer and Onstar mirror $30
-Recaro SS seats $500
-Original SS wheels $200
-Steering wheel and airbag $45
-Driver door panel $100
-All remaining interior panels, dash, and trim $175
-Lip for front bumper, grill, and foglights $110
All this brings my total for donor parts sold up to $1850 :eek::D

CodyP

Welp. The carcass of the beast is gone! Glad to have hit this milestone. The guys who picked it up said they'd never seen one picked clean and cut up like that before. Then they lost their **** when I showed them what I was making. Ha! On to bigger and better things, aka the Goblin! :)
D0BD211B-B83C-4A6D-973E-CC26C210187E.jpeg

CodyP

Sold some more parts today! Here's what I got for them:

-Rear leather seats $100
-Rear SS bumper and side skirts $380
-High rise spoiler $100

New donor parts sold total is $2,430. :)

CodyP

Haven't had much action in a couple of weeks. Been inching my way through pulling apart the engine to get it cleaned and possibly painted. I'm going for that showroom shine. Got the supercharger and intake off. From the ports looking in the valves look good. That's probably about as far as I'll go as far as internal inspection goes. DIYed a dual pass endplate for better cooling. I think it should hold up pretty good. If anyone has any questions about that, just ask. I'm about 5 weeks out from my original estimated pick up date so I need to start trying to make some headway.

Attachments

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Haven't had much action in a couple of weeks. Been inching my way through pulling apart the engine to get it cleaned and possibly painted. I'm going for that showroom shine. Got the supercharger and intake off. From the ports looking in the valves look good. That's probably about as far as I'll go as far as internal inspection goes. DIYed a dual pass endplate for better cooling. I think it should hold up pretty good. If anyone has any questions about that, just ask. I'm about 5 weeks out from my original estimated pick up date so I need to start trying to make some headway.
It is amazing how clean your valves are.
Port injection has an advantage there over the direct injection of the turbo. ;)

CodyP

Sold some more donor parts. Sold off a bunch of stuff cheap to get it out of the way. Getting down to the last bits.

-SS suspension front and rear with control arms, front bumper, fenders, and hood $350
-Shifter boot $5

Total for donor parts sold so far is $2,785

CodyP

Getting closer still. Should be picking up my kit next week. Won't have everything done I had hoped to before I bring the baby home, but then again, when is anyone ever completely ready? Started prepping and painting this week. Polished up the intake manifold a bit and got my first attempts at powdercoating on it and the endplate. I think they came out pretty good! Not sure if I'm going to do the rest of the brackets in black or aluminum like I did the block. Think I'll be doing the supercharger and valve cover in a cherry red.

Attachments

Jcasson

I am 100% done with stripping the donor as far as the videos are concerned. I feel like I have read some things in the past about parts that were needed that weren't included in the videos, but I don't remember what they were. I didn't pull the rear hubs because I ordered the 5x114.3 hubs with my kit. I pulled the parking brake and cables even though my kit is supposed to come with one, because I'm not sure if I'll need any parts from it. Is there anything else that anyone can think of that I may need before I cut this thing up and send it to the scrap yard? Do I need the evap parts to get registered in Texas?
where in Texas are you?

CodyP

Finally got #296 home last night! Had a good time meeting the DF crew yesterday and seeing some of the things they're working on. Here's a picture of it on the way home at a Texas treasure(Buccees), and another when I pulled into the driveway at the house. It's a long road ahead, but I'm glad to be able to say I'm on my way down it.
A79779B4-C5CD-490B-A7AE-BFB946BE7A21.jpeg
8E689A55-FDEB-4704-B28F-7389DD6C61FC.jpeg