TheDons track, easy entry, 09 ss/tc build #273

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The difference between the two would be 130 rpms at 60mph on my tires (25" tall), about 5%

I have an SS/SC (4.05) and would prefer the slightly taller gears of an SS/TC trans, but I'd rather have a 4.05 with the LSD than a 3.82 without. Theoretically the taller gears could be better for spooling a turbo but unless you've got a massive turbo the tune's probably got more to do with spool time than a small gearing change.

TheDon

Well looks like I'll be getting another cobalt looks like another tear down coming soon maybe be able to make a buck on this one

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Racer Boi life for sure. Probably a good thing your only using the non- critical parts from this one. Time to send it off to a good afterlife in the great boneyard in the sky.:oops:

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Playing with the trans today. Think I found a used lsd in Ohio if he will ship it, this has got to be better than me fumbling around in mine
Did you pull it apart with the intent of ending up with an SS/TC 3.82 LSD, as opposed to running the SS/SC 4.05 LSD as is?

TheDon

Did you pull it apart with the intent of ending up with an SS/TC 3.82 LSD, as opposed to running the SS/SC 4.05 LSD as is?
1st to 2nd synchro grinds a bit thinking about throwing a new one in, but found a new trans in Ohio with lsd trying to get the guy to ship it to me

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Is this in the original one or your newer one? I thought you picked up an SS/SC for spare parts, including an LSD trans?

TheDon

Wasn't an lsd but a good deal so I grabbed it, no clue what I'm going to do with it maybe stick it a porsche that I started a 1.8t swap In, or a friend may build a goblin with it, or sell it? Was originally thinking I could make one out of the 2 but found a deal on a good lsd trans looks like after shipping ill be under 700

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Here we go again, only a fool sells the wheels first But there was cash. Was running now isn't has code for computer found interesting cable when hooking up scanner
I think that is one of those insurance trackers. Our car had something like that also.
IMG_3499.JPG

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
More than likely a tracker from a used car dealer. You no pay, you no start. The insurance ones just plug straight into the DLC.

TheDon

Wire went up in dash I was told the display in it was over a grand and was missing when I got it one went to where radio would of been and other went to a hole in dash where something was. Also found zzp had programed the computer and ls4 throttle body verifying what I was told about car.

TheDon

More sandblasting and painting. new moog bearing going in the arms, wheels and tires ordered, stacks of boxes with parts, feel like I'm almost ready.

Attachments

TheDon

Is this plumed right I've found conflicting stuff on the cobalt forums and it doesn't look factory I thought it was a vacum tank bypass but looked it up and found it to be different if the pics I found were right.

Attachments