Solid Shifter OFFICIAL GROUP BUY

Bruce

UPDATED 1/28 with final pricing.

Ok everyone. It's time to get this going.

Original thread : https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/aftermarket-solid-shifter.1382/

A full set up ready to install is $317.00 with reversers, $265.00 without.
A full set up when you modify the shifter yourself is $297.00.
A base plate is $60.00
Hardware sets are below.
Shipping is not included in pricing.
No sales taxes.

Shifter Options:
1. Supply your own from HERE and cut down per THIS post
2. Get more people together and group order from that same guy.
3. Get it from me. I'm still confirming the lead time from China. Supplied from me is $115.00. Cutdown and ready to install is $135.00

Baseplate:
The base plates are going to end up being $60 each. They'll be shipped from me with the hardware sets as the extra shipping of each individual one from TheNuker would have cost everyone more money. 3/4" thick 6016-T651 Aluminum - Mill finish. No finish, no edgework or clean up, etc. You do what you want with it.

Hardware:
1. Shifter hardware including all hardware and all-thread to attach shifter to the plate, plate to the car, and connect linkages to the DF supplied ball ends. Everything in THIS post plus the extended bolts to bolt the plate to the car EXCEPT THE SHIFT KNOB (get your own to your taste). I'll have the all-thread cut to smaller, but still oversize, lengths to cut down on shipping as well.
$70.00

2. Cable reverser hardware to replace the DF supplied ball linkages. Includes stainless rod ends, screws, and adapters.
$68.00

3. Both shifter hardware and cable reverser hardware AT THE SAME TIME
$122.00

Payment will be to me. Zelle or Paypal are best for me. I can take credit cards through Square but there will be a fee from my business.

Please confirm your order and place in line by replying to this thread. Payment will not be due until your order is ready to ship. I'll confirm through messaging for shipping costs, addresses, payments, etc.

Plan on deliveries to start between 2/23 and 2/28. All of them should be able to be shipped by the end of February.

PLEASE ONLY RESPOND WITH ORDERS OR REQUESTS FOR NOW to keep this thread as clean as possible. Any conversations can be in the other thread.

Order List as of 2/10. Orders will be confirmed before shipping:
TheNuker - Base and hardware sets
Cheddar - Full set
Peregrinus - Base and hardware sets
Fozda - Base
Justin - Full Set
Dastrups - Base and hardware sets
Lando 217 - Base and hardware sets
Sparvy - Base and hardware sets
Vwsaabvt - Full Set
Towerdog - Base and hardware sets
Gtstorey - Base and pivot set
PaulPerger - Full Set
AzMoto - Base and hardware sets
Jirwin - Full Set
OptimizePrime - Full Set
djclueless - Full Set
JERMzSS - Base and hardware sets
benjy - Full Set
WYGoblin - Base and hardware sets
ATMironov - Base and hardware sets
CodyP - Full Set
TheDon - Full Set
Ark :D - Full Set
SmsDetroil - Full Set
Comegetjoe - Full Set
Meansol - Full Set
G-Quest - Full Set
Dylan Stan - Full Set
Zklonne - Full Set
baustin - Full Set
Brett- Full Set
ncgoblin - Full Set
RouteAble -Full Set
Ccgillett - Full Set
mrgrusni - Full Set
AleX1/9 - Full Set
2.0 Turbo - Full Set
MR.812 - Full Set
R3drckt - Full Set
Phaetonman7 - Full Set
Bruce-Full Set

Bruce

UPDATED 1/28 with final pricing.

Ok everyone. It's time to get this going.

Original thread : https://dfkitcar.com/forum/index.php?threads/aftermarket-solid-shifter.1382/

A full set up ready to install is $317.00 with reversers, $265.00 without.
A full set up when you modify the shifter yourself is $297.00.
A base plate is $60.00
Hardware sets are below.
Shipping is not included in pricing.
No sales taxes.

Shifter Options:
1. Supply your own from HERE and cut down per THIS post
2. Get more people together and group order from that same guy.
3. Get it from me. I'm still confirming the lead time from China. Supplied from me is $115.00. Cutdown and ready to install is $135.00

Baseplate:
The base plates are going to end up being $60 each. They'll be shipped from me with the hardware sets as the extra shipping of each individual one from TheNuker would have cost everyone more money. 3/4" thick 6016-T651 Aluminum - Mill finish. No finish, no edgework or clean up, etc. You do what you want with it.

Hardware:
1. Shifter hardware including all hardware and all-thread to attach shifter to the plate, plate to the car, and connect linkages to the DF supplied ball ends. Everything in THIS post plus the extended bolts to bolt the plate to the car EXCEPT THE SHIFT KNOB (get your own to your taste). I'll have the all-thread cut to smaller, but still oversize, lengths to cut down on shipping as well.
$70.00

2. Cable reverser hardware to replace the DF supplied ball linkages. Includes stainless rod ends, screws, and adapters.
$68.00

3. Both shifter hardware and cable reverser hardware AT THE SAME TIME
$122.00

Payment will be to me. Zelle or Paypal are best for me. I can take credit cards through Square but there will be a fee from my business.

Please confirm your order and place in line by replying to this thread. Payment will not be due until your order is ready to ship. I'll confirm through messaging for shipping costs, addresses, payments, etc.

Plan on deliveries to start between 2/23 and 2/28. All of them should be able to be shipped by the end of February.

PLEASE ONLY RESPOND WITH ORDERS OR REQUESTS FOR NOW to keep this thread as clean as possible. Any conversations can be in the other thread.

Order List as of 2/10. Orders will be confirmed before shipping:
TheNuker - Base and hardware sets
Cheddar - Full set
Peregrinus - Base and hardware sets
Fozda - Base
Justin - Full Set
Dastrups - Base and hardware sets
Lando 217 - Base and hardware sets
Sparvy - Base and hardware sets
Vwsaabvt - Full Set
Towerdog - Base and hardware sets
Gtstorey - Base and pivot set
PaulPerger - Full Set
AzMoto - Base and hardware sets
Jirwin - Full Set
OptimizePrime - Full Set
djclueless - Full Set
JERMzSS - Base and hardware sets
benjy - Full Set
WYGoblin - Base and hardware sets
ATMironov - Base and hardware sets
CodyP - Full Set
TheDon - Full Set
Ark :D - Full Set
SmsDetroil - Full Set
Comegetjoe - Full Set
Meansol - Full Set
G-Quest - Full Set
Dylan Stan - Full Set
Zklonne - Full Set
baustin - Full Set
Brett- Full Set
ncgoblin - Full Set
RouteAble -Full Set
Ccgillett - Full Set
mrgrusni - Full Set
AleX1/9 - Full Set
2.0 Turbo - Full Set
MR.812 - Full Set
R3drckt - Full Set
Phaetonman7 - Full Set
Bruce-Full Set

KD0AXS

I'd also be interested if there's a second batch. I probably would have joined in on the first batch but I wasn't paying attention to the forum and missed out.

SACTX

I hadn't been on this thread in a while. I actually have been very busy and haven't been getting notifications of posts for some reason....There is a lot to get caught up on.

I think I have one more set but have pretty well sold all of the hardware and I'll have to check how many parts and pieces I have to see what a new group buy would be. The last few were using the old bought hardware and were using non-direct from china shifters and the price for those was $357. I'll get something put together for a new group and let everyone know what it would be.

Thank you all!

Lokian

Did you ever get this figured out? Maybe a screw is too tight?
nope still tight. I need to bend or make a change in the rear bracket as the cable is binding there I believe. Disconnect the cable and the shift mechanism on the tranny works smoothly. Add the cable and it is hard again to move the shifters in the rear even.

SACTX

nope still tight. I need to bend or make a change in the rear bracket as the cable is binding there I believe. Disconnect the cable and the shift mechanism on the tranny works smoothly. Add the cable and it is hard again to move the shifters in the rear even.
Does the shifter return to center on it's own (not connected) and does the tranny work smoothly with the cable connected?

Lokian

Does the shifter return to center on it's own (not connected) and does the tranny work smoothly with the cable connected?
Havent tried the shifter alone. Tranny does not work smooth with cables connected. Also sometimes the shift misses or jumps out of 1st gear. Unless I jam it in. Can get the rest easily.

SACTX

Ok, to trouble shoot...

1. Disconnect the shifter from the pivot hardware at the top connections.
2. Test the shifter to make sure it's working correctly and returns to neutral with no pressure. It should come to middle/middle with no pressure on the shifter or rods. You will have to hold up the rods lightly to see if it'll move on it's own. If it doesn't, the shifter is the problem. If it does, try step 3.
3. With the lower pivot connection attached to the pivot, shift the transmission and test tension. If it's too tight, disconnect the lower pivot rod end on the tight cable and try the transmission again. If it's still tight, the cable is the problem. If it's not tight, the rod end or the pivot is the problem. If it's not tight, test the motion of the rod ends that are still attached to the shifter. The balls in the rod ends should rotate freely 360 degrees inside the housing. If they don't, that's the problem.

Lokian

Ok, to trouble shoot...

1. Disconnect the shifter from the pivot hardware at the top connections.
2. Test the shifter to make sure it's working correctly and returns to neutral with no pressure. It should come to middle/middle with no pressure on the shifter or rods. You will have to hold up the rods lightly to see if it'll move on it's own. If it doesn't, the shifter is the problem. If it does, try step 3.
3. With the lower pivot connection attached to the pivot, shift the transmission and test tension. If it's too tight, disconnect the lower pivot rod end on the tight cable and try the transmission again. If it's still tight, the cable is the problem. If it's not tight, the rod end or the pivot is the problem. If it's not tight, test the motion of the rod ends that are still attached to the shifter. The balls in the rod ends should rotate freely 360 degrees inside the housing. If they don't, that's the problem.
I will try it out when I get the chance. I hurt my back again and are out of commission for the time being. Thank you for all your help :)

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Yeah, I need to probably jump on the bandwagon here also. I've heard nothing but good things from everyone.
Do it I am loving mine it took a few days for the reverse to loosen up where I did not have to use my right leg to put it in gear easily but its my favorite upgrade so far on the Goblin for quality of life shifting is more enjoyable and solid.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Do it I am loving mine it took a few days for the reverse to loosen up where I did not have to use my right leg to put it in gear easily but its my favorite upgrade so far on the Goblin for quality of life shifting is more enjoyable and solid.
While I’m most likely going to change up the shifter in the future, I’m looking at another option that does away completely of using the bellcranks. It’s a simpler design in the works that looks very promising.