Throttle Response

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
We have managed to put 5 miles on the car in the driveway so far. One of the things that I have noticed is the throttle response in first gear is almost undrivable. Just the slightest little bump and you inadvertently end up partially mashing the throttle which in turns ends up with a jerk and the whole process starts over. Don't most cars now have a form of software smoothing of the throttle? It could really use some, or at least something that could be turned on/off like sport mode.

Am I the only one that has noticed this or I just haven't gotten used to it yet?

Silverback

First gear is really low. You've got the power, try starting in second. With a turbo, you can ramp the boost by gear in the ECU. 'Not sure what your options are for the SC.

F35 / MU3 gear ratios:

Final Drive 3.82
1st - 5th 3.38 1.76 1.18 0.89 0.70 (reverse 3.17)

JERMzSS

I've noticed it with mine before. It's something that use to happen with my Cobalt as well. It always went away with more gas. Kinda a chain reaction from bucking the gas. Maybe try using 2nd gear and see if it goes away.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I wonder if a stronger spring would help to reduce it some. The pedal is so light you can't even hold your foot steady.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I wonder if a stronger spring would help to reduce it some. The pedal is so light you can't even hold your foot steady.
That’s exactly what I plan to do. The problem is it’s a coil spring can’t just go down to the hardware store to get one.

It helps to press your heel firmly against the square tubing.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I have gotten good at bracing my foot on the floor square bar and that allows you to hold your foot pretty darn tight. But yeah if you don't just give it a bit of gogo juice on slow take off you might get a bit of jumping heh.

Nuker-

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I wonder about just mounting a small block or something to rest heal against to help steady it. It would be great if I could find a small shock absorber much like that of truck lifts.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I never noticed this when I drove my donor around. Is it more noticeable due to the lower weight of the Goblin?
Kaleb noticed on the donor when he was trying to get on it. At the top end of first he didn't clutch or shift (short driveway) and then did a lot of jerking back and forth. He thought something was wrong, I told him it was his foot.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Anyone else have a delay/lag in their throttle? Like just sitting at idle and you stab the pedal,,, My foot is down and completely off the pedal before it hesitates then revs.

jpr

Anyone else have a delay/lag in their throttle? Like just sitting at idle and you stab the pedal,,, My foot is down and completely off the pedal before it hesitates then revs.
Yep! Just drive-by-wire things. You get used to it.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
They might be the same but it’s an editable parameter. Mines so sensitive every bump in the road bounces my throttle around.

Reactions: jpr

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Fuel trims and timing being off can also contribute to the delay
Thats what it feels like to me... Its getting flogged with too much fuel. I need to get mine tuned and im thinking about getting one of these instead of the pedal commander. Only out half if it doesnt help!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thats what it feels like to me... Its getting flogged with too much fuel. I need to get mine tuned and im thinking about getting one of these instead of the pedal commander. Only out half if it doesnt help!

You don’t need those aftermarket “fixes”. A good tune and adjustment and it can be every thing you ever wanted and more. We are the opposite, we are trying to soften the response.