Nukers City Goblin - 2009 SS/TC number 2 build

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Well it was a bit wet this morning driving the car to the tuner LOL, but its there so i'll pick it up after work hopefully with some good news!

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Just picked her up and oh boy, That went pretty good huh LOL.

Dyno went good she is running great!

Nuker-

Weight was 1517lb with 155lb driver on their scale, tune I came in with from ZZP 364hp at 24lb of boost Ended up with 440hp and a better curve at 23psi.

did not have a chance to get the meth kit installed, probably be in the stupid power range with it.

@Rauq No I did not and I don't even care anymore hahahah
View attachment 26066

Last edited:

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
I really can't believe how well this thing hooks up. Very little spin with the boost reduction to 12lb in first. By the time your in 3rd no problem at all. Scary fast.

Nuker-

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I wish we had a place that could do that,, The guy I was talking to said yeah you can probably bring it by Thursday this was Tuesday and then I never heard from him again.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know when the pink wire you put in for the IC pump goes hot? I was thinking about using that to power the fan on my external oil cooler i'll install this week.

Nuker-

Lechlis

Does anyone know when the pink wire you put in for the IC pump goes hot? I was thinking about using that to power the fan on my external oil cooler i'll install this week.

Nuker-
Adding to what @Ross said, in HP Tuners under System -> Coolant Pump you can adjust the parameters for the intercooler pump operation. ERT Min is Engine Run Time Minimum before the pump can start. Then it just has to be above the IAT Min for it to run. As info, stock is 10 seconds and 5 degrees IAT. So you should have power continuously after 10 seconds unless you live in the arctic. I altered mine since I am using that wire to power the intercooler fans. I use a Setrab thermal switch to control my oil cooler fan.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Does the intercooler pump settings apply to the TC version? I just started looking at the available tables last night and don't remember them being available. Of course I wasn't particularly looking for it.

Lechlis

Does the intercooler pump settings apply to the TC version? I just started looking at the available tables last night and don't remember them being available. Of course I wasn't particularly looking for it.
Good point... I just looked at a LNF file and do not see it anywhere...

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The intercooler wire on the TC was repurposed, but I don't remember what it was for originally. I think it goes hot immediately, but I haven't checked that.

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
The intercooler wire on the TC was repurposed, but I don't remember what it was for originally. I think it goes hot immediately, but I haven't checked that.
Good point, I'll stick a meter on it, it very well might go hot right away. Thank you everyone.

Nuker-

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
About got wiped out tonight! Was driving down a 45mph road at just about the speed limit passing a road crew laying asphalt on the outside lane. All of the sudden a lady in a big ford car pulls out without nosing out at ALL past the big dump truck completely blind. I stepped on the brakes and swerved into the oncoming lane, I must have missed her front bumper with my passenger side tires by just inches. I would have been in a pretty nasty wreck in a normal car. Not a chance I would have been able to move or slow down fast enough....

Boy does that get your heart racing. And she just went on like nothing happened...

Nuker-

Stay safe out there....

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Not to be a dick, but get use to it. I’m use to stuff like that from riding bikes for 20+ years and it trickles to the goblin. You have to stay on your toes…… always.

people will drift into your lane because they are staring at you. Others will pull out in front of you because you are so low to the ground and they just don‘t see you. Keep your lights on, use your high beam flashers to alert people and use your acceleration and nimbleness to avoid everyone.

this is one of the down sides

oh and first of all, glad you are safe.

Last edited:

Scott #321

Glad to hear you came through unscathed. I ride a bike and am use to other drivers not seeing me as well, guess I'll need to transfer that driving mentality to the Goblin once its road ready.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Glad you're safe Nuker that's the important thing. Question for the bike riders: there's a device that oscillates the headlight between low beam and high beam (I think that's how it works?), does anyone have experience with this device? Do you think it would help get noticed on the road to keep the idiots from pulling out in front of you?
BTW, my Jeep Rubicon (light khaki) must also be invisible, since people pull out in front of me all the time. :(

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I rode with a headlight modulator like that for about a month. I didn't notice a change in behavior among other motorists and the flickering actually annoyed me so I stopped using it. Then I removed the device entirely when I installed my JW Speaker 8790 adaptive headlight. I do like the brake light modulators I've used though, especially the one that will activate under downshifting and engine braking.