Scotts extended low entry track #321 09 SS/TC

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Oil is good to keep things from rusting…. just kidding. You got a clean engine there….

My k04 turbo is in some condition similar to yours with only 86k on the engine. With the charge pipe attached you would see some intermittent white smoke. There are turbo rebuild kits available. But, they are half the price of a new one.

Are you doing something different with the hood? Or just not relocated the brake fluid reservoir Yet?

Scott #321

While wiring tail lights I committed a cardinal sin and allowed a hot brown park light wire to short out. With no access to my wiring diagram site I was unable to locate the fuse as the fuse box had it listed as bcm. Spent way too much time over the weekend chasing this rabbit hole without the proper information. 30 second fix today with the proper information but I did get to see how the circuit board is put together. Live and learn, lots to do don't get stuck going down the rabbit hole.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
That sucks, but we have all been there.

for future reference and for those that don’t know, on the end of the fuses, there’s an exposed part. This is so you can touch it with a test light or volt meter and see if you have power on both ends. This can save you a lot of time instead of pulling fuses and looking at them or even making sure you have power where needed.
5FC81D8A-98BB-4631-8DA4-F0DB5E55C8CD.jpeg

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That sucks, but we have all been there.

for future reference and for those that don’t know, on the end of the fuses, there’s an exposed part. This is so you can touch it with a test light or volt meter and see if you have power on both ends. This can save you a lot of time instead of pulling fuses and looking at them or even making sure you have power where needed.
I.... did not know this. I feel like a large portion of my life is lost and only now, can I start the recovery process.

Thanks for this information.

Scott #321

Almost there.... Rims are to arriver tomorrow while seats and two remaining tires are suppose to be here Friday. Really hoping the truck comes early and by some miracle I can get inspected and registered Friday. This will be three weeks since I received the frame back from the powder coater. I am not a very patient person when it comes to projects and I am chomping at the bit to take this baby for a spin.

Attachments

Scott #321

I've really a long way from done with this but I have a critically I'll friend that I have promised the first ride to before the weather turns so I have been very motivated to get her on the road then I can make changes and tweaks over the long Kansas winter.

Scott #321

OK I was hoping to have a DF shifter by this point but in reality everything under the sun is in short supply or backorder so DF being able to supply kits at this time is a miracle in itself. I always disliked the shifter options available so I decided to modify my shifter since I will eventually be able to replace it anyway. I started by installing a ball socket on the handle the same distance above as the original is below. Had to weld on a upper extension to the selector to perform the same for it but moved it back a little to assist in cable angles and clearance. Big moment was cutting up the shifter housing and original cable mount locations as there is no going back from this point. Welded together two angle pieces left over from metal building construction to fashion a u-channel to mount the shifter over the tunnel. Attached modified cable mount tab from original kit baseplate cut some tubing for reinforcing mount and wallah. Seems to work great so far but I have not even received all my tires to get it off the rack yet. Without the reverse lockout I will have to get use to finding fifth but reverse seems easy to find. More pics and test results when I get it on the road.20210926_140545.jpg20210926_135806.jpg20210930_173753.jpg20210930_174605.jpg20210930_174615.jpg20211001_221835.jpg20211001_221850.jpg

Scott #321

Shifter was fi ished up Saturday and seats/harnesses installed. Just tinkering with a dash while I am still waiting on two tires. Really like how the shifter is working but I should find a reverse lockout to make finding fifth earlier. Likely won't will just wait on the DF shifter kit to arrive. Cannot wait to drive this thing and shake down Trans condition to see what the winter holds in store for this project.
20211004_181753.jpg

Scott #321

Passed inspection but it's humorous how if there weren't inconsistencies in government there would be no consistencies at all.
Mine is the third Goblin currently registered in the state and the other two are registered as goblins using the frame number as the Vin. Mine however is registered as a 2021 make HOME model DUNE style DUNE BUGGY. Look at least it's done and not the major issue several others from less friendly to car enthusiasts states have to deal with.
First stop after inspection was local pharmacy where I was approached by Dale E's son in law.. lol its a small world after all. Call back from insurance and I should be able to get tags today.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Passed inspection but it's humorous how if there weren't inconsistencies in government there would be no consistencies at all.
Mine is the third Goblin currently registered in the state and the other two are registered as goblins using the frame number as the Vin. Mine however is registered as a 2021 make HOME model DUNE style DUNE BUGGY. Look at least it's done and not the major issue several others from less friendly to car enthusiasts states have to deal with.
First stop after inspection was local pharmacy where I was approached by Dale E's son in law.. lol its a small world after all. Call back from insurance and I should be able to get tags today.
Hmm, if you can't fit a soda can under the car, how is it a dune buggy? This could create problems getting insurance to drive it on the street. :oops:

Scott #321

Weekend. After telling my ins agent that I would be able to get coverage through another company but they would need all my business not just the single vehicle my agent became incredibly motivated and was able to cover me. Took her insisting that the underwriter went to the DF Kit Care site to see what the vehicle was and how it was in no wY a dune buggy. SomewhT similar at the tag office but the lovely and helpful ladies from my small county were able to get it done today. So far 12 miles on the Goblin. I can't stop smiling.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
I have run across the “dune buggy” thing while talking to people.
them: that thing is a dune buggy
me: it would get high centered on a pine cone. How in the hell would it tackle dunes?
them: :oops:
me::rolleyes:

Scott #321

Shakedown cruise to work was not without issues. First off when taking employee to lunch I managed to get in a location with a watermain break and was forced to drive through 1 1/2 blocks of wet dirty streets and waters spot both sides with dirty water. On the 30 mile trip home oil pressure sensor decided its life was over and started spraying above the started. A quart of oil at highway speeds in the not so streamlined airflow around the rear of a Goblin makes quite the mess. Oh well easy cheap fix just a mess to clean before 1st car show this weekend.