Scotts extended low entry track #321 09 SS/TC

Ross

Goblin Guru
Well, I looked at the 3 pictures, and still don't know what you did to get air scooped.

Scott #321

Excuse the typo on this video name but this may give you a better idea of what I did. 1st and 3rd openings are closed off with only the 2nd open to allow air in in case I run through a puddle or get caught in the rain I wanted to keep the bcm dry as possible.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Dang it! Since this looks so good on your and Ross's Goblins, now I need to look into this to see what I can do with my Goblin! Toooo many great mods just keep coming from our family - I will never be done with the modifications on mine! :rolleyes:;):p

Scott #321

Black Friday sale,
Ordered
82lb valve springs and seals
Arp head bolts, head gasket w/ intake and exhaust gaskets
Upgraded fuel pump lobe cam
Neutral balance shafts
Timing chain set and timing cover gasket
Z54 turbo
Stage 5 clutch w aluminum flywheel

Now I need to find a f23 from a Cobalt and saturn vue for abomination f23 build. Saturn vue uses a half shift for equal length driveshafts that I plan on measuring at a local pick your part for this as well.

Scott #321

Care package from ZZP finally arrived so tear down is under way. Much less stress taking apart than original assembly.
On a side note the turbo I painted with VLP black turned grey.

Scott #321

Winter tear down for upgrades are underway. So much easier to remove engine/transaxle from the Goblin than the cobalt. Found out the head has been off this engine before but no evidence as to why. My valve spring compressor would not work and after checking with a few friends and going through 6 different valve spring compressors that would not work I was too impatient to wait for a low quality amazon compressor so harbor freight c-clamp and a little mill time on a deep 11/16 twelve point socket and I'm almost surprised how well it works.
20220113_210414.jpg
20220113_210504.jpg

Scott #321

New AR1 Lexan windshield installed and installed custom aluminum dash whapped with carbon vinyl. Finally installed all the switches for cruise, info, aux ext. AEM injection controller left of steering wheel. Aluminum angle on steering wheel is left over piece of what dash is made of.
20220307_203950.jpg
20220307_203937.jpg

Scott #321

Engine reassembly complete with new aluminum flywheel and stage 4 clutch. Lol will probably regret that clutch choice when it comes to driveability. Reinstalling F35 for now as the quafie unit for the new F23 is probably over 30 days out.
20220307_204103.jpg

Scott #321

Getting started on the tuning process and i'm not sure if its benificial or a hinderance to start on a LNF platform as it is so different from anything else out there. Quite a amount of research and when I am finally ready to start calibrating the MAF I can't get information to pull over. Looking at past logs it appears my Goblin has been running off of LTFT and STFT since I built it as the wideband O2 is burnt out. Glad I changed its position to avoid this in the future but now waiting for a new O2 to show up tomorrow. Car runs great but is pig rich so I am curious as to getting the fuel trims closer will increase performance.