Tuning

ole mother

Getting ready to put my goblin on the dyno, was wondering if anyone has made too much power? If so what is that number?

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
That's a very driver/motor-specific question. Only go for as much power as your engine build can handle. Same for the driver.

300hp is not too much power for the car, but it could be too much for a given driver. There are plenty of 300+hp Goblins running around.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
^^ This. Mine isn't fully tuned yet, but I'm already able to side step the back end flooring it in 2nd. If it can't be controlled (by the driver), then they will end up in a ditch, tree, traffic.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Also very dependent on tire compound and size. And usage of vehicle. 300hp is very different on a prepped drag strip vs on a wet road after the first rain in a week.

ole mother

Absolutely, I have just heard that 275-300 is a sweet spot. Just a random question before dyno. Engine is fully built for boost, turbo set up so engine can handle 300 plus. I understand driver, tires and other factors play a role, just was wondering what most people liked?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
For my driving, back road hell raising, 275-300 is plenty. If you haven't driven the Goblin at around those power levels I would get the tune setup for something in that neighborhood until you get used to it. Also, if you haven't driven the Goblin much, you may need to tweak your suspension/alignment settings before adding more power.

Over 300hp with a so-so alignment and badly setup suspension is a recipe for Goblin in ditch.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Getting ready to put my goblin on the dyno, was wondering if anyone has made too much power? If so what is that number?
Fozda made too much power.

Justin Reed ran 585hp for ~4 years before it was too much power... put a window in the side of the block. Now he is running 607whp/517wtq @31psi. Probably enough horsepower, but not sure if he would say it is too much.

Scott #321

Lol... Too much power... Not for my hero Tim the Tool man Taylor. Sorry couldn't resist. Haven't had mine on a dyno but I'm guessing I'm very close to that 385 manic number when stock lnf rods fail. Not a car I would just let anyone drive without proper supervision as it is way to easy to get into trouble even with 100tw 255 square setup. I will eventually go bigger just because but build what you want for how you want to enjoy it. Stock 275 HP lnf in a Goblin is easily in the top 1% of the fastest cars you will encounter on the road though.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I'm just planning to enjoy the stage 2 Supercharged setup for a while just to get used to the Goblin. Only after that will I get into adding 'mo powa babeh'. I expect it's going to be a handful for a while.
Start off easy, you can add more later. You can't un-bend your stuff if you crash it from jumping into the deep end to early.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
There's a limit where balance becomes a factor. You have to boost ramp these pretty aggressively at high psi and while it hauls ass in a straightline it's just difficult to control around town, cruising on the highway, and through the curves (which is where this dominates). I put down 400whp and would say 350-375 is the sweet spot for most of it's utility and if you're just straightline then 425whp.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
If I were to pick up a HP tuner does anyone have a tune for a 09 SS/TC they would be winning to share. I have the 3 bar maps