High speed instability

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I made a ton of changes over the last few weeks leading up to my track day Friday. New control arms with all new bushings (delrin in the forward and spherical in the rear). Added the sway bar. Most importantly aligned the car myself after talking to Lonnie. I had too much toe front and rear. Car handles like a dream now, I was seeing 130 miles an hour in the front straight at the Ridge with no stability issues .
What toe settings did you have and what are the new?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
1/6? I assume that was probably supposed to be 1/16" or 1/8"?

1/16" each side or 1/8" total (measured on the 17" rim) is about where I ended up at.

I do. I will post them tomorrow. I think I already posted my front splitter and the side splitters in my build log but I’m not 100% positive.

Anyone with the ability to cut this out with a jigsaw could do it pretty easily. You just need a fine tooth wood bit and a lot of patience. You have to go slow or you will start tearing it up. The edges clean up pretty easily with a vibrating or oscillating sander and 150 to 180 grit sandpaper.

If anybody needs them cut out by CNC router, I will be working up a price tomorrow. I have had a few people send me a message so I will look into it. Send me a message if you want something cut out by CNC and I will add you to the list.
Great design, love the way they look. Sent message.

Davidljones88

Aero is the key. Hard to believe on a car with the aerodynamic characteristics of this car, but a front splitter and rear diffuser makes all the difference in the world.

The side splitters help extend the floor of the car which gives you more surface area to create down force with. They also help clean up the air coming off of the front suspension and keeps it from going under the car. At least that’s what I like to think that they do :)

My first drive today with the rear diffuser makes the car feel like a completely different car. One hand driving on the highway at 80 miles an hour is now a thing.
Would you make, sell, and ship those?