Search results

1. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

No chance of the DF brackets working. I had to copy theirs and make modifications to fit the type 10. It is wider in both directions. I made them out of 16g steel sheet from Lowes. It is a lot thinner than the df ones, but once it gets all bolted up, it is plenty strong. This is the best...
  2. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

If you are talking about the silicone couplers for the intake tube, they are 3". You can buy reducers that will go from 3" to what df supplied, but I thought it would be better to have a more gradual step up. So from my turbo I went with a 2" to 2.5" 45* silicone elbow, then a 2.5" aluminum 45*...
  3. Tim Moland

Mirrors

Wow, I thought you got a picture of mine. Looks the same. I bought these today. We will see how they work.
  4. Tim Moland

Mirrors

What are the side view mirrors based on? I came out to a cracked driver's side mirror. I wonder if I can order just the glass. I custom wired the DF ones to green led's and don't really want to do all that work again.
  5. Tim Moland

Heat exchanger fan wiring

Ok, I'm thoroughly confused. Like I said, wiring is not my strong suit. Why would I do all this relay stuff as opposed to just wiring direct to the BCM plug? I don't understand wiring
  6. Tim Moland

Heat exchanger fan wiring

Wiring is definitely not my strong suite. I'm trying to wire up a heat exchanger fan for key on operation. Lonny has laid out where to tap into the bcm plug to get power. It is 2 wires that get wired into one. But one of the wires in the terminal in my BCM plug appears to be used on something...
  7. Tim Moland

Carbon Soul's 08 SS/TC Extended Track Build #284

I like the Z54. Lots of power. I'm having troubles with the intercooler and heat exchanger not keeping the intake temps down. So keep that in mind when building. Plan on upgrading some stuff for the z54
  8. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

Well hell, let's calculate the intersections before welding and drill a 3/4" hole through them. We could fill the whole frame up! Some ideas suck. That was one of them.
  9. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

If I were to know that this would be an issue, I would have used the mid frame rail (second from the bottom) as the intercooler pipes going to the front. Have some bungs welded into them at the front and the back to connect the heat exchanger to the intercooler. The larger diameter would give me...
  10. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

I am using 91 octane because that is what I have readily available. Yes, I could do octane booster, or even purchase a drum of race gas. But, I'm going for convenience of being able to fill anywhere. As far as air to air intercoolers go.... I'm assuming it would be mounted in the rear, or...
  11. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

Thanks for the input. With the Z54 turbo, the h.p. of my car should be well over 300. I think that is where the problem lies. I purchase a type 10 intercooler from frozen boost. It has almost twice the volume as the DF supplied one. I also ordered another heat exchanger like the DF supplied...
  12. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

They do sell the stock Bosch pump. But they also sell their "high volume" pump, which looks like the Bosch pump with their own turbine housing on it. It is supposed to pump an extra gallon a minute.
  13. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

I like your fill cap on your intercooler, but I can't help but notice that the top is below the top of the intercooler. How do you plan on getting out all the air out of the intercooler? The high point looks to be the intercooler.
  14. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

This!! I have looked on frozen boost several times and never ran across this intercooler. This might be the answer. Along with an extra fan cooled heat exchanger. Can't go wrong with 2 right? Extra cooling... Extra capacity.
  15. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

I would love to go this route. In fact, this morning that was the plan, until I went out and looked at my car. I'm using stock seat belts and I have no room to move the fuel tank over.
  16. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

And how are your IAT2 temps when under full boost?
  17. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

It has good flow. You can feel the flow and the heat. It has the upgraded ZZP pump.
  18. Tim Moland

High IAT2 temps and KR

Hello fellow turbo cars.... I have a lnf turbo with an upgraded Z54 turbo installed. The car makes great power, and it's pretty fast. However, I am suffering from high IAT2 temps and Knock Retard. My tuner has said he thinks the high IAT2 temps is the cause of the knock, which in turn...
  19. Tim Moland

Windshield Development

I used the foam pads that came with the buffer. The orange pad for the Novus 3 and the white pad for the 2. I applied the Novus to the pad with a couple drops. Then dotted the area I was going to buff with the pad. I buffed till the polish was "dry", then polished the dry off with a microfiber...
  20. Tim Moland

Windshield Development

Update guys. I received an old scratched up piece of polycarbonate from Dale E. The idea was to do some testing to see what worked best to clear these windshields up. My first try was to use a heat gun like a few videos I had seen online. Big mistake!! It didn't clear up anything, but it warped...