Search results

1. Ross

Master Cylinder Relocation Lines

Mine was hard plastic. Jeff upgraded his lines with AN lines from Vibrant.
  2. Ross

Master Cylinder Relocation Lines

My kit came with new lines at the master cylinder. I did use Cobalt lines on the brake calipers.
  3. Ross

Karl's Track Goblin No. 40 - 2008 LT ***REGISTERED***

Wasn't long ago I notched my seat belt bar. A lot cheaper than a tube bender. Welded it in Mounted the seatbelts
  4. Ross

Tuning

Fozda made too much power. Justin Reed ran 585hp for ~4 years before it was too much power... put a window in the side of the block. Now he is running 607whp/517wtq @31psi. Probably enough horsepower, but not sure if he would say it is too much.
  5. Ross

Donor with Aftermarket Supercharger

Pictures would help. The stock supercharger fits on my 2.0L engine... Do you have the 2.2L engine? The ZZP kits are designed to fit under the hood of a Cobalt, so you probably are fine in a Goblin.
  6. Ross

Devo's Extended Track #381 - 06 SS/SC Donor

A bit of heat, propane torch or heat gun. Penetrating oil. Vise, and a big hammer. Repeat. If that fails, buy a new one... there not that expensive.
  7. Ross

Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

I'm on 275mm tires on 17x10.5" wheels. I'm going to get a little over a year out of these tires, so probably under 5000 miles, but sooo many smiles, lots of excessive force, and just stupid donuts with grinning passengers. Goblin on!
  8. Ross

Dragon Motorsports 2.0 [Extended\Open-Frame\Easy Entry Door Bars] - [2007 LSJ SS Donor] - [Frame #392]

Race and Autocross for cars weighing 2X our cars. I daily my Goblin on R888Rs, on the street, highway, everywhere. Yes they do wear out quicker, but my Goblin isn't getting lots of miles. More like my motorbikes, which also get pretty short tire life. I just want to keep my car out of the...
  9. Ross

Quickest build?

Frame arrived Jan 28th 2019, Goblin was running June 29th. 5 months, but it was cold in the shop in winter, so I only worked on the car about once a week. Once the warmth of spring arrived, I started working on it more and more. My strategy is to get the car driving, learn and debug my build...
  10. Ross

I use the R888R as my street tires, switch over to Hoosier A7 tires for autocross. But you can autocross on the R888R tires... just a little slower tires, and they will last longer.
  11. Ross

Well yes, they will fit a goblin, but the tires you get back will be designed to fit within the wheel wells of a Cobalt, and for a car that weighs twice what a Goblin does. That is the problem with reading tire reviews... How it performs on a 2X heavier car is useless information for us...
  12. Ross

Fitment industries web site doesn't really work for a Goblin. They want to know your vehicle before they show you any wheels. It won't let you enter a DF Goblin, and won't let me proceed to their products. Ug. Google is better. Here is a tire option that will help keep your Goblin on the road.
  13. Ross

It's very loud

Just get a different muffler? There are many for sale online.
  14. Ross

RCK605's Track Goblin #438 - 05 SS/SC

If you run that OTTP Fuel Rail Fitting (LSJ), then it goes in place of your stock pulse dampener. So by putting fuel into both sides of the fuel rail, you might be creating a problem by eliminating the dampener. Unless you are also going to replace it with an aftermarket one... but wouldn't it...
  15. Ross

r3drckt - extended track - 06 SS/SC G85

I wonder if your seals in the laminova tubes is compromized. It would cause more air thru the intercooler coolant, and could lead to white exhaust. The head gasket is the only other place that I can think of to get water in the exhaust.
  16. Ross

Maybe you said that backwards? I would rather suck in water... dirt damages the cylinders & pistons, a little water is harmless.
  17. Ross

Cruise control

Cruise control has different switches on my car. The cruise switch is at the start of the pedal movement, while the engine start is at the bottom of the clutch pedal movement.
  18. Ross

Preferred clutch for stock SC Goblin?

The GMPP (General Motors Performance Products) clutch has the same feel as the stock clutch, but can handle more power. Not sure of the cost difference, but you might consider it. Our goblins are a lot easier on a clutch, being half the weight of the Cobalt, but I make up for it by being twice...
  19. Ross

Cruise control

Aside from the resistors at the control switches, you also need the switches at the foot pedals to be working correctly. The clutch and brake switches can also cause cruise control to not work. Vehicle: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt L4-2.0L SC VIN P AllDataDIY Vehicle » Diagrams » Electrical...
  20. Ross

Cruise control

Late model cars resistors are here. Here are the resistors for the early model cars. Vehicle: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt L4-2.0L SC VIN P AlldataDIY Vehicle » Diagrams » Electrical Diagrams » Radio, Stereo, and Compact Disc » Steering Wheel Controls Diagrams