Search results

1. A

Joe's 2009 F40 SS/TC #470

EXCITING!!:p
  2. A

Hot Rod Power Tour

Well reality bites and she can be vicious! My 2 months in the garage this spring got shortened by My BIL's passing and helping my sister find her balance again. Conspiring with that time deficit, it seems like every part I needed had to be sent from Timbuktu! Plus the new Definition of the...
  3. A

Deciding on a Donor for my Car Draumr

Saddened I can only "LIKE" This post once! :cool:(But one man/ one vote is the best rule.)
  4. A

Bajakid1450’s ss 2.4 turbo track goblin build

Oh boy! Have you bitten off a chunk there! I'm doing an engine swap in an 06 Cobalt, from front to back! Post about your VW Squarebody in other builds. (Growing up a good buddy has a Squarebody fast back, he got NO respect! Certainly a "character building" experience!) I'll help any way I...
  5. A

Joe's 2009 F40 SS/TC #470

I think the green one is F35 speed sensor. The colors of the wires leading to them would help! Speed sensor is a purple wire and a yellow wire. There is a red connector on the fuel purge valve that may have gotten plugged in elsewhere. It would hide a connector!
  6. A

Hot Rod Power Tour

General Announcement!: Hot Rod Power Tour is an open challenge to car nuts to come out and show off your car project, especially if it runs! In the early 90's the staff at Hot Rod magazine drove a bunch of their projects to races like the US drag race Nationals in Indy. The idea was to...
  7. A

RG's Goblin #455 ('06 manual donor)

AWESOME!! I hope and pray I'll be in your neck of the woods on 13June @ Hot Rod Power Tour! I hope we can meet up!(Hebron, OH) Bring your Goblin out to Hebron and show it off! If I'm there I'll pay your one day fee to get into the tour. If I am not Driving GOB-BALT I might be flat towing it with...
  8. A

Deciding on a Donor for my Car Draumr

Wow! You are Exactly the Guru Hayden NEEDS! Nice to get a report that a 2.2 can live at 250 HP! I've been wondering how much the stock bits would handle. In my neighborhood 2.2's are falling from the trees, I could blow one up without shedding a tear.(I think I have 3) And I hear every...
  9. A

Another auction diamond

Don't ever drive slow enough for them to see the dents!o_O
  10. A

LSJ 2.0 -> LAP 2.2 Swap or (LSJ Ion Redline Engine)

The F23 speed sensor is different from the automatic but I do not know what type plug the F35(in your engine harness) uses. Both manuals' speed sensors are in similar locations, near the output for the left half shaft. The F23 speed sensor plug is the same as the ambient temp sensor behind...
  11. A

Traé’s Goblin (06’ SS/SC #501)

3PSI?! Really. An excellent little tidbit to remember. Thanks for the reminder, salient info for builders! I'm sure it is on the cap(D'UOH!) but I've not looked. So easy to default/equate to radiator pressure.
  12. A

Looking for a Goblin gas tank.

I would try that if I had more time! The tank was blow molded or roto formed, by my non pro estimation. I guess if I pressurized it(low pressure, 5#) it probably wouldn't thin, fold or collapse the walls. I wish my Dad were still with us, he worked for Dupont, he called on(sales/tech rep) the...
  13. A

LSJ 2.0 -> LAP 2.2 Swap or (LSJ Ion Redline Engine)

Thanks! Good to know. That kinda what I was thinking as well but I thought i would consult the experts A lot of Eco-Tec stuff changed about 2007 or 08. VVT was added, independent coils, I think the crank reluctor wheel is different(more teeth?) 2cam sensors. That Ion Red Line is a good...
  14. A

Geez Joe?, I thought you knew my mania?o_O My GOB-BALT(a somewhat Goblin-ized Cobalt) has the engine out back and I cannot keep the original tank in the original location; it hits the motor. Trying to avoid having my Friend at Tanks Inc in El Paso, build me a tank by June 9th. Chuy says his guys...
  15. A

Engine hits the OEM tank. I may mount it up front? We shall see.
  16. A

Question about Copart buying in Michigan but car is in Missouri

NOT that big of a problem. I am currently working the kinks out of auto to manual. Most of the Electrical is in the bag, just reroute /splice about 6 wires.(All the auto trans controls are buried in the engine harness connected to the TCM, those wires just get cut away.) You may have to reflash...
  17. A

You have exactingly assessed the nature of the request and the requester.;) I keep getting voice mail in Red Oak and don't have time to drive there from Columbus, GA. Options and time are short!
  18. A

Needs to be 10" deep to fit original cobalt pump, and hot dog long, holding ~14-18 gal. I may have to default to a fuel cell and a 200 mi reminder and a 5 gal gas can on board; time is short!
  19. A

As the title says I need a goblin gas tank and soon! It isn’t my first choice but time is running low! Thanks in advance!
  20. A

Question about Copart buying in Michigan but car is in Missouri

As dumb as this sounds, it is an eternal truth: To finish any project one must start said project! Experience shows no donor will prove to be exactly as needed; misc pieces will need to be sourced through out any build. Waiting too long on "the perfect donor" burns build days.(Says the guy who...