Search results

1. Oldchevyguy

Trouble finding gasket for 2.0 LSJ

I didnt turn it inside, and put it back on the same way it was. Haven't tried to start it yet. We will see. If it doesn't run I'll search the procedure.
  2. Oldchevyguy

An alternative to stock Cobalt parking brake cables

I payed $28 plus shipping.
  3. Oldchevyguy

An alternative to stock Cobalt parking brake cables

To those of you that want a parking brake, (with a standard transmission car, why WOULDN'T YOU) there is an alternative to the crummy, rusty, stock cobalt cables that df ont ffg it right anyway. I used the stock cobalt handle assembly and Asbco universal parking brake cables. Made in Canada...
  4. Oldchevyguy

Are rear inner tie rods supposed to be exposed?

A little of that tire wet stuff does wonders too! Lol
  5. Oldchevyguy

Corbeau A4 Seats - Anyone installed or test fit these seats?

I'm to this point. Can anyone elaborate on this stock SS seat modification procedure? Pictures would be great!
  6. Oldchevyguy

Ok, I reamed them out a little with a 1/2 inch drill, and they worked.
  7. Oldchevyguy

I got two of these. I thought they were replacements for the outers. They do not slide on with enlarging the hole.
  8. Oldchevyguy

Just wondering if the kit provided inner tie rods that screw into the toe link rack should be exposed to weather (see picture) ? Normally they would be in the bellows boots.
  9. Oldchevyguy

Here is how I did the cooling tube

Usually faster too. I ordered for 3AN stuff from summit for my oil pressure sender. Got one 90 deg fitting, should have got two. Didnt want to pay the $10 handling fee, so I ordered it on ebay friday. Still waiting. They said it would be shipped yesterday, but all they did was print the shipping...
  10. Oldchevyguy

I got mine from Summit Cheaper too.
  11. Oldchevyguy

I forgot this shot.
  12. Oldchevyguy

I know. I have to shorten the bolt lenght.
  13. Oldchevyguy

As suggested by others, I got a 1 1/4 inch J bend to build the right side cooling hose on my SS/SJ (supercharged). The challenge is to make it fit on the pulled through the frame hose, whose inner diameter is about 1 inch. I ordered some 1 inch tube. Got a 4' piece. Cut off 4 inches and welded...
  14. Oldchevyguy

JeffInWA's Extended City Goblin SS/SC 06 Doner

I had no problem pulling the supplied hose through. I used lots of tire wet, and an electric winch. I used the slug method, but if I had to do it again, would use the newer method of drilling the two holes and threading the rope through the hole a clamping it. I used a pullzit electric winch...
  15. Oldchevyguy

LsJ owners, how did you build the right engine cooling hose?

Did that fit perfectly? That's the one that was shipped in the kit? I used it for the front.
  16. Oldchevyguy

Thanks. Ordered it from Summit. Can you tell me what hose you used above the metal tube?
  17. Oldchevyguy

Hi guys. Trying to plumb the cooling hoses on the supercharged 2.0 engine. In particular the passenger side. I've had contact with someone who used a steel pipe to do the curve. I asked where he got the pipe. His response was to look at his build logs, but I cant find mention of where he got it...
  18. Oldchevyguy

Aftermarket gauge connections at engine

After looking at the picture, I am going to paint the bracket satin black, to match the gauges.
  19. Oldchevyguy

Aftermarket gauge connections at engine

Just as a side note, here is a picture of where I mounted the Ambient light sensor. I built a little bracket off of the above mentioned aftermarket gauge cluster. It should have a clear view of the sky, lol.